For those who know/kept clown loaches!

I just propped it part way under a rock and that worked perfectly fine. You can also buy clips at petstores to hold the veggies. I bought one today but broke it as soon as i took it out of the package. SMART ME!

yeah I just chuck mine you could also go and by a cucumber and just chop a big chunk off and drop it in in thats what I do its probably cheeper as well but they will probably make clicking noises all night, if you go and buy a cucumber make sure it isn't soft (mine don't eat it, they're picky) and by the way kevin007 they just might not be used to the tank yet and might feel a little exposed. I would also adise not to use a rubber band as they will probably try and eat it.

My clownies have never had ich but then again, the tank they are in has never had ich either and I plan on keeping it that way through quarantining any new fish for at least 4 weeks...

Yes they are prone to ich and they are also sensitive to nitrites and adverse cycling reactions (i.e. they will not do well in an uncycled tank)....

Puffer_freak said:
They don't click to flakes its not their fav.
Mine click for flakes! It's great, 'cause the clicks are really loud when they're at the surface :wub: I worry about my other fish getting their food though.. :)

kevin007 said:
:alien: well i am about to get some real soon but they are prong to ick? i am almost sure of that, but if they are in a 55 gallon, won't the water params be more stable??

I mean alot of yall have had cl before, and i wonder what your experience with them is?

OHH and ARE BALA SHARKS pron to ick too? :shifty:
I personally have never had one of my clown loaches die, and I have never had one come down with anything. :thumbs:

The food i think Clowns like the best in frozen brine shrimp.
My Clowns go nuts for, It comes in a big slab and i break off a chunk and throw it in and its gone in seconds.

A handy thing i do when feeding cucumber is get your magnetic glass cleaner and use the piece that goes inside, The piece with the string attached. Cut your cucumber and make a couple of slices on it about half an inch thick. Then wrap the string around the magnet and the cucumber putting the string into the slices on the cucumber, Now put the magnet into the tank and you can position the cucumber anywhere you like by moving the other piece of the magnet that goes outside and when the cucumber is almost gone its easy to take out.

I hope that made sense!

It's great when you hear them click for the first time. By the way if they fight just leave them to get on with it. None will die... oh and they will turn red if there angry. Sorry to hijack your thread but do you know if you can get blind fish

Hooligan said:
It's great when you hear them click for the first time. By the way if they fight just leave them to get on with it. None will die... oh and they will turn red if there angry. Sorry to hijack your thread but do you know if you can get bind fish
yes, what about it?

and they are fighing...still! after like the whole morning!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back