Food For A Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OregonCoast

Reaction score
Okay, so I am curious what everyone feeds their bettas..treats...daily meals..etc

I am aware of the basic common foods:
betta flakes
freeze dried bloodworms
daphnia
brine shrimp

but what does everyone feed their betta and what is okay for a betta to eat? Aside that I do know you can feed them a pea for constipation. But anything else? My reason for asking..I have an extremely picky betta. I love him with all my heart, and he is very healthy and interactive.

I have more than Bettas in my aquariums, so feed a variety which they seem to eat as well.  Their main diet is Hikari Betta Bio Gold, recently soaked prior to feeding.

Fed mainly Tetra Prima, Tetra Pro Colour, Hikari Betta Bio Gold, Tetra Algae, Hikari Tetra Tabs and Bottom feeder tabs.
PLUS ... Frozen Brine Shrimp with Garlic, Frozen Blood Worm.
PLUS ... Live Brine Shrimp, White Mosquito Larvae, also known as glass worm (their fav.), occasionally Black Worms.

Occasional prawn or muscle opened up, they love pulling the insides out of one.

i.e. a variety of foods to keep them stimulated and healthy.

Avoid freeze dried unless you soak them prior to feeding.

I stay away from flakes and freeze dried, as they're sorta a waste of money. Here's why; both flakes and freeze dried lack the moisture needed for proper digestion for your betta. Flakes are also one of the cheapest food type to make and it definitely reflects on it's nutritional value, freeze dried foods are also void of any nutritients as they're killed off once they've been flash frozen.

What I feed all my bettas on a daily basis include -

Pre-prepared foods: (All soaked prior to feeding) pellets are the main stable diet for my bettas, fed 3 times a day. Frozen foods every Friday, though I like to alternate the order every week.

Atison's betta Pro pellets
Hikari betta bio gold pellets
Frozen bloodworms
Frozen brine shrimp
Frozen beef heart
Diced tiger prawn

Live foods: 4 times a month, usually once a week, that way my live foods last longer and reproduce.

Californian blackworms
Bloodworms
Wingless fruit flies
Cherry/crystal shrimplets
Baby brine shrimp & Microworms (for my betta fry, fed 3 times a day, alternated between weeks)

Mine gets omega one pellets every day and frozen bloodworms/frozen brine shrimp every other day. I feed my dwarf puffer 1/4 a cube of frozen food and I give 1/4 to the betta and 1/2 to the neons. I tried to do a pea once a week, but he won't touch it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back