Food Experiment...

DanaLeChiffre

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dumbartonshire, West of Glasgow
Shabbat Shalom,


I currently have 8 Tiger Barbs and I'm only feeding them flakes mixed with dried bloobworm (but I try not to feed them to much of the dried stuff, Just one or two worms)and I give them a treat of frozen bloodworm on Friday nights.
But I know that some do eat some types of "Human Food", Like potatos, lettuce, sweet potatos, peas, banana and cumumber. Am I correct?


If so, I was wondering if you could help me by 1) telling me if my fishies will eat any of it and 2) how I need to preper them


Very soon I will be getting Cherry Barbs, so I'm hoping they will all eat the same things.


Todo,
D
 
what the hell is a patatoe, do you mean potato silly, they wil eat peas- deshell them, they will eat lettuce, blanch it in boiling water, and the bottom dwellers will have cucumber slices, courgette slices
 
:blush: Sorry about that :blush: trouble english.

So the peas just have to be deshelled, what about frozen peas? just deshell them and throw them into tank?
And lettuce, soft? crispy? I could try both I guess...

Thanks for the info :thumbs:
 
:blush: Sorry about that :blush: trouble english.

So the peas just have to be deshelled, what about frozen peas? just deshell them and throw them into tank?
And lettuce, soft? crispy? I could try both I guess...

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Put a couple of frozen peas is cup with a tiny drop of water and zap them for about 30 seconds or less. Take them out and gently squeeze between figer and thumb. The 'innerds' should emerge from the shell. Drop a little in the tank (it can make a mess so only a little at first, ok)

PS, most fish will take Tetra Prima :good:
 
Tuna in spring water I give my fish some times if am having tuna.
 
They didn't take the peas? Did you mash them up a wee bit with your fingers?

I like to feed mine grapes, take the skins off first though and then crush it up into fine bits.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top