Flying With Fish

Nik00117

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Daegu, South Korea
Ok, I found this German fish store in Berlin that I want to go buy from. Berlin's a 6 hour drive so why should I drive there? Plus considering its about a 800 mile round trip with 12+ hours on the road that'd cost me alone just in gas 140 bucks and tickets are like 50 bucks and I get there in an hour. ARe fish fine on a plain? My whole plan would be to get a box buy the fish I want toss them in the box and fly to back.

What do you guys think?
 
customs would never let you take fish from one country to another without a license, incase diseases are bought into the country etc
 
I doubt it. I agree, even if you were in the same country, I don't think that they would let fish on a plan. I'm also not sure that the fish would survive at elevation. Usually they ship fish in trucks around the country...
 
You would have to find out directly from the airport.

I'm also not sure that the fish would survive at elevation. Usually they ship fish in trucks around the country

So... How exactly do you get fish from various parts of Asia, where probably 99% are produced, to, well, anywhere? Teleport?
 
You can get a licence from DEFRA and it's free. (thats guessing ur in the UK)

But your only allowed to bring fish back for your self, if their then sold and tracked back to you u can be fined.
For transport make sure every one knows what it is your doing and you have the paper work for the country ur taking them too.
Customs will destroy them other wise.

You need to double bag each fish and add oxygen. make sure the fish is covered with water as pure oxygen burns the fish.
If no Oxygen then use ammo lock
BUT NEVER TOGETHER


As ammo lock reacts with pure oxygen and posions the fish.
 
I'm staying within the same country just flying to a different part. I don't see the Local airport being a issue I mean if I were to fly on a Saturday they'd be 2.5 poeple manning that airport.

Berlin might be an issue, i'll check with them to see what I got to do to get this done. I highly doubt it'll be a big deal since I am not crossing any borders jsut staying in country. The trip after I bought the fish to my house would be short... 2 hours maxium.
 
Yes best check with the airport what they say, as they may not like water being taken onborad with these terrorist attacks that happened in the UK a couple of years back, were only allowed 100ml through the airport
 

Most reactions

Back
Top