Fluval timer suggestions

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I have a 5g fluval with the light that was included. I am looking for a timer that would allow me to do the sunrise/sunset settings. I have a basic cheap one that will just turn off and on but was hoping to find something better. Evetything online doesn’t seem to be compatible. Any suggestions on a timer I might not be seeing online? Thank you!

Attachments

• DE45B772-8188-4B36-831E-A40F8EBBD491.jpeg
    DE45B772-8188-4B36-831E-A40F8EBBD491.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
OP
cmhassinger

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Oh, I see now, the photo opened, nice tank! :)
Thank you, I have live plants with some endlers, cardinals and 2 shrimp. I wasn’t using a timer at all and was getting a bad algae problem so I’m trying to get that under control and figured I needed a good timer!

OP
cmhassinger

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
This one fits a slightly wider range of lights https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K6H6CB5/?tag=

It also allows you to dim the lights if needed and set your own timings rather than being forced to accept the fixed cycle of the previously mentioned device.
Thank you, I looked into that one and for some reason that I can’t remember why but my husband said it won’t work with my light. I could probably do on/off but won’t let me use the sunrise setting

JakeKPO

Reaction score
Are you trying to have it change from day to night automatically I have the same tank so I can try to help also I'm in love with your scape

OP
cmhassinger

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Are you trying to have it change from day to night automatically I have the same tank so I can try to help also I'm in love with your scape
Thank you! Yes I would like to have it change from day to night but I like the idea that some timers are able to turn on and slowly go up to brightest setting and the same for Turing off. I just can’t find one that works with this light.

JakeKPO

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes I would like to have it change from day to night but I like the idea that some timers are able to turn on and slowly go up to brightest setting and the same for Turing off. I just can’t find one that works with this light.
Well unfortunately I doubt you will be able to do this Because the only way to turn it from night to day is by touching the switch I’m sorry

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I just use regular light timers for my tank-cheap and reliable. I also have a lamp on a timer. In the morning the room is lit by sunlight coming through the window for sun rise, tank lights come on at 10am and then turn off at 9pm and a dim lamp in the room stays on until 10 pm giving the sun set affect.

trending

Staff online

Most reactions - Past 7 days