Fluval Or Eheim?

i prefer fluval, or at least over the eheim i have:

fluval 205 x 2 - both are great, easy to clean and prime, they are cheap and do the job great.

fluval 105 - basically the same as above, although i have sold it, with the tank

eheim classic 2215 - i dont know whether it is just the classic range that are bad, but it is a PITA to get the lid of as there is so much suction and dont even get me started on priming it :devil: the media is very expensive (£8 for 2 sponges compared to £4 for 2 sponges for fluval) i'll give it that it is good build quality and the connector taps are great, but never ever will i get another classic.

I have both and i see no problems with either. I fail to see where "they just dont cut it",that statement needs elaborating.

Had a bad run with the Ecco range
Rabbut
that is because the ecco range is only a badged product and has nowt to do with Eheim.
the company that makes it just pay eheim to use their badge and resources

Interesting... :huh: Who actually makes the Eccos then?
if I remember correctly from the Eheim rep, the ecco range was designed/made by a very small German company (forget the name)
then that company was purchased by MP aquariums, who took on the range and improved it.
now MP aquariums is owned by Eheim but is still run as a separate company and they use their parents company brand as it is better know in the market
for filters, whilst they are better know for the actual aquarium, at least in Europe they are.

Sorry to divert the thread but has anyone got a Eheim 2217? How would you rate them?

It will go onto a 180 liter tank. Hes asking 40 quid.

Would this do??

"Sorry to divert the thread but has anyone got a Eheim 2217? How would you rate them?

It will go onto a 180 liter tank. Hes asking 40 quid.

Would this do??"

Well, since nobody else answered...

The 2217 is in the classic series. It's rated at 1000L/264G per hour, meaning it would serve a 200L/50G tank with 5 complete turnovers per hour. So I'd say it would better serve a 200L or a little less sized tank rather than the 600L that eheim quotes as the "up to this size tank" number. I've heard people here seem to say that any classic model will be pretty much as quiet and effective as a pro model but that the top removal and input/output cutoffs will be less convenient.

~~waterdrop~~

Thanks waterdrop for your answer...I am only just starting with externals and want to get it right the first time as much as possible!

Most reactions

Back