Fluval Edge

aquila

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Shropshire, England
Picked up one of these today... been looking for a small tank for ages now, bit more than I wanted to spend but they had one set up instore and it looked fabulous.

I am not liking the list of compatible species listed on the side of the box however - goldfish, I think not, it's only 23 litres! Betta Splendens is also listed which is what I intend to use the tank for, however I will be leaving a half-inch gap at the top for the poor thing to breathe, unlike the advice given with the tank to fill it to the top.

It is basically a glorified bowl, however I think with a few modifications it will be a stylish betta home.

Thoughts? :)
 
No idea and am faaaaaar too lazy to google. Post a pic?
 
I googled, like a biorb but square.

Too small and fiddly for me, Im clumsy :blush:
 
Interesting looking, though all the pic's I've found have been the marketing ones with some neon's superimposed onto the pic - as opposed to showing what it actually looks like.

Looks good for a coffee table centrepiece type thing, except that the power cables have to go somewhere. Pass.
 
I like the look of it but don't know about practicality. I played with one in pets at home and liked the look, isn't there a hole for the fish to reach the surface even when you fill it to the brim???? I thought there was a recess.

Would make an awsome shrimp tank with a couple of plants

andrew
 
I have one for my betta

DSCF7323.jpg
 
I have one for my betta

For a betta, you really ought not to fill it all the way to the top. They need to reach the surface to breathe, and the small opening in the top isn't really enough to allow that, especially as he will not want to go in the current from the filter output.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top