Fluval Edge Lights Not Working

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

harvy103

Reaction score
hey i have had a Fluval edge for over a year and a half now and had throughout noticed the light area and the flip of the light often got steamed up, this had never caused a problem as I would just wipe it or let it dry naturally. I am not sure if this is the cause but suddenly the light has stopped working whenever I flick the switch. Is there anywhere I could get a replacement lighting unit or check whats wrong with it?

That quirky little tank from Fluval is a relatively new design so there may be a generic problem forming. My first call would be to Fluval direct (and not the shop where you got it).

If they have had other similar complaints there maybe some help available (like the Juwel light bar problem)

I would do this before tinkering with it.

hey i have had a Fluval edge for over a year and a half now and had throughout noticed the light area and the flip of the light often got steamed up, this had never caused a problem as I would just wipe it or let it dry naturally. I am not sure if this is the cause but suddenly the light has stopped working whenever I flick the switch. Is there anywhere I could get a replacement lighting unit or check whats wrong with it?

Fluval guarentee their units for two years, I have had to return 4 lighting units myself with the same problem each time I have gone back to the supplier and they have exchanged them without any problem. Good Luck

Cheers.

I got it replaced - but it was quite a faff knocking emails back & forth - at least now I have a name & number to speak to a real human.

hi ppl, this as now happened to me!! my friend has given me this tank and it not even 12months old but hes had to have the filter replaced and now the lighting has broken on me, as i don't have the receipt, where would be best for me to go/what shud i do?? thanks ppl

sorry to drag up an old post, but what replacement option did you go for, my transformers packed in on mine.

cheers

The switch that comes with the Fluval Edge tank sucks. I opened it up, removed and replaced with the the following switch:

Heavy-Duty Toggle Switch with Rubber Boot SPDT Center Off 20 Amp
B006YWKALW (on Amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006YWKALW

Pop off Plastic LED Light Cover
Un screw 6 screws
Yank off wires from Switch
Yank out Rubber clear bubble shield
Press sides of switch to pop it off
Threading the Boot Cover on will secure it in place. (just leave the flat metal back piece that comes on the new switch on the INSIDE)
Use Mighty Putty/Locktite molding stuff to secure in place. (the putty stuff you Knead two colors together, turns into one color, and hardens in a few minutes)
If you want, you can add a bit of black silicon around the edges to make it look nicer.

Solder or Clip wires, test lights, done!

Mine have packed up and I've only had the tank since December. It would appear that the Hagen UK website is down so I can't contact them directly so I'm going to try the shop where it bought the tank from and see if they can help. Annoying though 'cos I'd just added some more plants.

Went down to the shop where I purchased the tank from back in December with the failed Halogen unit explained to the assistant and that we'd been unable to find the receipt, he said no problem (I go there quite a lot so they do know me in there) and he gave me lovely new LED unit with the white and blue lights :cool:

Hey, I have Ember tetras in there, been so long since I'd seen them I'd forgotten, they love the new lights :D

sorry just noticed that comment and im really sorry i like the tank but it was my gf because she was staying over and she came on my laptop and i left this open and she doesnt like fish tanks :crazy: so.... im sorry bout that anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back