Fluval E200 Low Flow

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TWynnB

Reaction score
Greetings! I purchased an E200 heater and put it in a new tank one week ago today. The heater is located a couple inches away from the pump intake. There are no fish in the tank, but I do have live plants. It can touch the sand because I didn't realize although I have a 40 gallon tank which the 200 is appropriate for, my tank is only 16" deep with 2" sand, and the heater is 14"....so I keep the sand clear from the tip, as the company said I am not supposed to let it touch anything.

Last night, it started showing low flow, as well as abnormal temps - I think it got to 77 and then to 72, with the heat set at 75. I moved the intake so that it is even closer to the heater. I did lower the heat setting to 74 and I haven't seen a temp warning again, but still will see low flow at times.

I found in this forum two things-
** the sensor can be wacky and just deal with it. Except I paid a decent price for a good heater and it's only been a week..
**some suggested that you can put at a 45 degree angle. The instructions say not to put an an angle, but it certainly would be easier in my short tank then always making sure the sand is clear.

Thoughts? Do I manipulate it, or contact the company if the sensor is bad?

I would contact the company and see if you can get a replacement - sounds like a faulty system.

As a follow up - I wrote the company, and they said to move it by the outflow. I thought it said either spot was fine, but apparently not.
Moved it there, and so far so good. I'll add on to this if it fails after the move.

Good thing they responded and good thing it worked!

I always put in two low powered heaters rather than one long awkward to place long burner. More economical and you have a backup in case of a single point failure. Set them at 2 deg C apart. PJ

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back