Fluval 404...where Does This Piece Go? (Pic)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lisa67

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought a used 125 gal tank that came with a fluval 404 filter. The first time I tried to prime it the "strainer" on the bottom of the intake popped off and this ball rolled out. I have not been able to prime the filter using the lever, so my husband has primed it by sucking (amonia laced) water through the intake hose for me every time I have to disconnect the canister (the things we do for love). I'm thinking this ball must belong up in the intake hosing somewhere and serve as a valve. Does anyone know where it belongs? Thanks in advance.

filter.jpg

antibacksiphon valve? open 'er up and take a look for a space it will fit in *common sense*

Yeh thats right. remove the strainer from the intake pipe situated in side the tank, place the ball on the end of the tube and replace the strainer... the ball stops the water returning to the tank when priming... also prevents large bits of plant etc from entering the filter when in use... If/when the filter performance drops, 9 out of 10 times its because the ball has reduced the amount of flow through the inlet pipe by cathing plant debri etc..

Hope that helps :good:

Ahhh, I figured it was something like that. My husband thanks you!

Most reactions

trending

Back