Fluval 2 Plus Problems

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cod_N_Chips

Reaction score
Hi,

I appear to be having with my filter firstly we dont seem to be getting much bubbles come out on full flow and the yellow bar seems to always be up? Which apparently means it needs cleaning although I have been rinsing the pads once a week. Anyone have any ideas???

Hi

I dont think the fluval 2 plus is designed to give out bubbles, just a constant stream of water through the ouput nozzel.

and the yellow bar seems to always be up? Which apparently means it needs cleaning

This means water is flowing well through the filter. When the yellow bar is down this means there is flow restriciton and would mean the filter pads or impeller needs cleaning.

You dont need to clean your filter pads every week. I would clean ONE of the TWO every 2weeks to a month and then clean the other in another 2weeks/1 month.

Always remember to clean filter pads in a bucket of tank water.

HTH :)

I'd check the... tubey thing, on top of the output valve. That annoys me, I have no idea how to work the damned thing. Mine works fine, I just can't seem to get the plastic bit that holds the media out... stupid weak arms...

If you are using the "venturi" nozzle attachment and have it fully opened, you will have mega loads bubbles. You can however adjust it so that less air gets into the nozzle and produce less bubbles. Or just take the whole attachement off and just use the basic nozzle.

The yellow thing is supposed to be up all the time - it's when it' blocked, it's down. That how mine is anyway and my filter canister & impellor is cleaned once a week. I wouldn't "wait" for the yellow indicator to drop to tell me my filter needs cleaning.

I also rinse both sponges in some siphoned tank water each week and my water stats remain absolutely constant.

If the top of your filter is more than about 6"'s below the water level in your tank, you'll also experience problems with no-bubbles.

This is because the venturi effect won't work at that depth.....

Hope that helps :)

The yellow thing is supposed to be up all the time - it's when it' blocked, it's down.

Thats strange i've had 2 fluval 3 plus, and even with full flow on the yellow dipstick indicator has always been down. No wonder they keep quitting on me the must be faulty units :crazy:

the uhh..

__| |__
______

the part that looks like that.. its blue... it goes into the blue part that sprays out the water..

if you put the top piece out of the water, it will suck in air, and you will get lots of bubbles

as long as the | | part is a bit out of the water you should get lotsa bubbles

hi i have a fluval 4plus and it still doesn't give out a huge amount of bubbles so i invested in a small air pump which u can connect to the filter or an air stone. Works great both ways.
:) :) :) :) :)

My Fluval 2 plus and 3 plus both give out huge amounts of bubbles. Ensure you have the turn tap thing ON TOP OF THE WATER LEVEL. If necessary turn it so much and pull too so that the twizzle bit comes off in your hand. If there are still no bubbles and the air intake bit is on top of the water level the you have a blackage somewhere.
As previoulsy mentioned, the yellow bit should be up so don't panic about that!!
I have a spare Fluval 2 actually.........if it completely fails I'll sell or swap it for ?? if you want?

shell4375 said:
hi i have a fluval 4plus and it still doesn't give out a huge amount of bubbles so i invested in a small air pump which u can connect to the filter or an air stone. Works great both ways.
:) :) :) :) :)
[snapback]868689[/snapback]​

shell...how do you connect an airstone to a fluval + series filter?

steve

I was having bubble problem when i first cleaned the filters. I didnt make sure the fluval was full of water by using the little lever thing. Make sure you pump the water in the fluval manually until bubbles stop coming out then plug it back in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back