April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
so i want some floaters that can withstand flow in my tank...
duckweed seems to work already (i have some)
what about Red root floater?
salvinia?

I use a piece of floating drift wood at the top of the tank to divide the tank surface into two zones, the agitated zone and the still zone. None of my floaters Salvinia, or Water Lettuce do well with the current at the surface, they get sucked into the flow. I am actively removing duckweed because I am tired of finding it everywhere. I had some red root and frogbit but neither did well in my tank. I will try them again now that I have divided the surface. With creative wood placement you could have zones of different kinds of floaters.

You can also use suction cups and fishing line to make a DIY floating plant separator. It’s pretty easy.

In my experience no floating plant does good in high-flow tanks, but out of the ones that I have tried, frogbit seems to be the best.

I use a piece of floating drift wood at the top of the tank to divide the tank surface into two zones, the agitated zone and the still zone. None of my floaters Salvinia, or Water Lettuce do well with the current at the surface, they get sucked into the flow. I am actively removing duckweed because I am tired of finding it everywhere. I had some red root and frogbit but neither did well in my tank. I will try them again now that I have divided the surface. With creative wood placement you could have zones of different kinds of floaters.
i use straws in squares and triangles

Most floaters are okay with a decent amount of flow, but if there is water ending up on top of the leaves long term or they get pushed under over and over they will rot. Use a floating separator:)

Most floaters are okay with a decent amount of flow, but if there is water ending up on top of the leaves long term or they get pushed under over and over they will rot. Use a floating separator:)
Ok i think im on the right track thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back