FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
image.jpg

after a few days of quarantine i took them out under the light to inspect, and do maintenance for the qt tank. One of them has some wierd stuff on her fin, mucous from stress maybe? Her fin is not rotting, she seems to breathe more heavily than others
image.jpg
the blonde koi in this photo has been in the tank for a few days, but is still mucousy, all the otherfish from same batch are ok.

Attachments

• D530E24C-F207-4585-A8CA-979DA7AC14AB.jpeg
    D530E24C-F207-4585-A8CA-979DA7AC14AB.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 29CBEF46-1C97-48CD-B63D-A28C6E1ECC1E.jpeg
    29CBEF46-1C97-48CD-B63D-A28C6E1ECC1E.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 23
Well, if we look at that guppy from the top, we do see that the scales are open right behind the pectoral fins. The start of dropsy could be the case.

Well, if we look at that guppy from the top, we do see that the scales are open right behind the pectoral fins. The start of dropsy could be the case.
do you reccomend i treat all of them? usually with dropsy i only see one has the problem

It all says you're quarantining a pathogen. It could be some sort of protozoan parasite, or an infection. Dropsy starting could be the end game of the parasite, or the parasite could have taken advantage of a fish fighting a bacterial or internal infection. QT doesn't give us answers sometimes. It just separates the dangerous from the safe.

I would not know what to treat for. I'd keep it clean and expect fish to die.

Do you have a filter or pump to get air in the tank since they look like they are gasping for air

Do you have a filter or pump to get air in the tank since they look like they are gasping for air
They are not gasping for air its just they are in a shallow container within a large tank. I took them out of the qt to look at them under a light
It all says you're quarantining a pathogen. It could be some sort of protozoan parasite, or an infection. Dropsy starting could be the end game of the parasite, or the parasite could have taken advantage of a fish fighting a bacterial or internal infection. QT doesn't give us answers sometimes. It just separates the dangerous from the safe.

i will try salt treating…

by parasite do you just mean the pathogen?
and should i treat all the fish? or just the one?
all other fish have no signs of mucous

do you reccomend i treat all of them? usually with dropsy i only see one has the problem
Dropsy "can" be contagious but mostly it just affects one fish in the community. It's not that all scales are open when I look at the photo. So, it could be early stage. But most fish when showing dropsy, will eventually die.
But putting her separate from the others is always a good thing to do. Just in case...

Dropsy "can" be contagious but mostly it just affects one fish in the community. It's not that all scales are open when I look at the photo. So, it could be early stage. But most fish when showing dropsy, will eventually die.
But putting her separate from the others is always a good thing to do. Just in case...
separated her and salt bathed.
she died the next day, not sure why...
all others ok

Most reactions

trending

Back