Fishkeeper survey for scientific research

JuiceBox528 2

Artist, rare disease advocate, fish nerd, author
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
11,851
Reaction score
14,716
Points
113
Location
PNW
A vet behaviorist posted this in my local fish club group, and requested it be shared further. The survey takes less than 3 minutes

I’ve posted the link in its full form so everyone can see that it’s to the legitimate survey site :)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SHOALSTUDY

IMG_9072.webp
 
I started to do the survey and then O stopped. I keep fish but I do not consider them to be pets. Look up the definition of a pet and it has a strong affiliation with being a companion. It is an animal with which one has a relationship.

At one point I had 65 cardinal tetras in a 75 gal tank. How does that in any way qualify as being a pet?
 
I started to do the survey and then O stopped. I keep fish but I do not consider them to be pets. Look up the definition of a pet and it has a strong affiliation with being a companion. It is an animal with which one has a relationship.

At one point I had 65 cardinal tetras in a 75 gal tank. How does that in any way qualify as being a pet?
I just took the survey and answered each question in the most appropriate way, taking what you say into account (that fish aren't pets as such). The final question is free form and I made exactly that point.
 
It booted me out with the location question - I assume this is for the USA only.
 
I figured it out when I tried to go back. This survey has been circulating for a very long time in internet terms - a couple of years at least. I can't see it being much use from a research perspective anymore, but I believe I had answered it way back. I thought it was a new one or a follow up.
I received it via credible sources on a Facebook 'advanced hobbyist' discussion group. I suspect it's an orphaned survey, sailing though the mists of time like a lost spacecraft...
 
Very poetic Gary!
Probably a waste of time then...,
 
I started to do the survey and then O stopped. I keep fish but I do not consider them to be pets. Look up the definition of a pet and it has a strong affiliation with being a companion. It is an animal with which one has a relationship.

At one point I had 65 cardinal tetras in a 75 gal tank. How does that in any way qualify as being a pet?
I have eels and bumblebee Oscars which I consider pets as they will greet me, eat from my hand and have very big attitudes.
 
I figured it out when I tried to go back. This survey has been circulating for a very long time in internet terms - a couple of years at least. I can't see it being much use from a research perspective anymore, but I believe I had answered it way back. I thought it was a new one or a follow up.
I received it via credible sources on a Facebook 'advanced hobbyist' discussion group. I suspect it's an orphaned survey, sailing though the mists of time like a lost spacecraft...
Interesting! The author of the survey had just posted it to her personal page less than a week ago.
 
So maybe a repost or a resurrection of the survey for more data? It told me I'd already filled it in, and I haven't done a thing like that for a long while.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top