FishForums.net December 2016 Tank of the Month!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
fishforums-toftm.jpg

FishForums.net is proud to announce the December 2016 Tank of the Month Contest!

How do I enter?
Post one photo or video in this thread along with a nice detailed write-up of your tank. The write up should include a good description of your tank, water parameters, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.

* You must be the owner of the tank.
* Video can be uploaded to youtube, and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
* Only one photo will be allowed, so make it your best!
* A description is required!

The deadline for entries is December 30th, 2016 at 08:00 AM EST. The winner will be voted upon by FishForums.net Members.. Good luck everyone, and may the best Tank win!

What do I win?
The winner will receive a $25.00 USD Amazon Gift Card. If Amazon is unavailable in your area then we'll issue a $25.00 USD Gift sent via Paypal.

Everyone is welcome to participate, so jump right in and enter today!

Do we have to type everything out or can we put it all in the video?

Alright here's my video:

and a picture:
http://imgur.com/a/pfvA3
G1cyEGY.jpg

So my tank.
50% water change every week. Sometimes it's every 2 weeks sometimes it's twice a week depending on other variables.
Tank params: nitrate/nitrite/ammonia 0. pH I don't closely monitor but it is usually within range 7.2-8 when I check. I've never had problems with pH. Lots of plants. Plant list:
Crypt Tropica
Java Fern
Windelov Java Fern
Trident Java Fern
Needle Leaf Java Fern
Amazon Sword
Crinum calamistratum
Crinum Natans
Crypt wendtii brown
Crypt wendtii green
crypt blassii
crypt balansae
willow moss
java moss
flame moss
dwarf sag
red tiger lotus
anubias azfeli
anubias nana petite
catherina red blaze buce
purple brown boyan buce
I'm sure there's more species.

I have lots of plants as you can see, but most of these were either trimmings or clippings from other plants. A lot of these plants were free to me! My amazon sword is a MOTHER amazon sword which produces many amazon swords that I sell. if you ever need any message me.

feeding: small sprinkle of flake, a couple algae wafers, a few bottom feeder wafers for the corys. Every now and then they get blood worms.

STOCK: GBR, Neon tetras, otocinclus, corycat sterbai.

This tank is dirted which is why the plants grow so amazingly and look so gorgeous with the gorgeous green tint the entire tank has. I am working on a dirted tank guide that will be finished by this winter break (in a few weeks). I am taking finals right now this week and I haven't had time at all these past few weeks to go to my LFS and get some stones for the hardscape.

Tank specs:

Lights: generic hydroponics T5HO. I am getting a finnex planted+ for myself for christmas.
Fluval 306
Eheim auto feeder
Generic thermometer
Fluval mini c02 kit.
Fluval 100m heater I think (it's old)

Last edited:
687474703a2f2f6936352e74696e797069632e636f6d2f6479767067312e6a7067

Aquael Betta cube.

Plants
Anubias a bit of water sprite and duck weed.

Maintenance,
Just change water changes and easy life fluid filter media.

Ph 7.2

Filter
Aqua One Clearview Hang On Filter 100

Heater
Aquael Easy Heater 25w

Light
Aquael Decolight 11w

687474703a2f2f6936352e74696e797069632e636f6d2f6479767067312e6a7067

Aquael Betta cube.

Plants
Anubias a bit of water sprite and duck weed.

Maintenance,
Just change water changes and easy life fluid filter media.

Ph 7.2

Filter
Aqua One Clearview Hang On Filter 100

Heater
Aquael Easy Heater 25w

Light
Aquael Decolight 11w
What kind of tank is that? It looks nice, especially with the only anubias species. I've been wanting to try a tank with only anubias nana petite.

Its an Aquael cube

Hey NickAu do you follow the techden.com.au on FB? They had a competition not long ago and one of these tanks was the prize. All entries also received free food samples as a consolation prize :)

I am are regular customer of the tech den.

Alright here's my video:

and a picture:
http://imgur.com/a/pfvA3
View attachment 82059

So my tank.
50% water change every week. Sometimes it's every 2 weeks sometimes it's twice a week depending on other variables.
Tank params: nitrate/nitrite/ammonia 0. pH I don't closely monitor but it is usually within range 7.2-8 when I check. I've never had problems with pH. Lots of plants. Plant list:
Crypt Tropica
Java Fern
Windelov Java Fern
Trident Java Fern
Needle Leaf Java Fern
Amazon Sword
Crinum calamistratum
Crinum Natans
Crypt wendtii brown
Crypt wendtii green
crypt blassii
crypt balansae
willow moss
java moss
flame moss
dwarf sag
red tiger lotus
anubias azfeli
anubias nana petite
catherina red blaze buce
purple brown boyan buce
I'm sure there's more species.

I have lots of plants as you can see, but most of these were either trimmings or clippings from other plants. A lot of these plants were free to me! My amazon sword is a MOTHER amazon sword which produces many amazon swords that I sell. if you ever need any message me.

feeding: small sprinkle of flake, a couple algae wafers, a few bottom feeder wafers for the corys. Every now and then they get blood worms.

STOCK: GBR, Neon tetras, otocinclus, corycat sterbai.

This tank is dirted which is why the plants grow so amazingly and look so gorgeous with the gorgeous green tint the entire tank has. I am working on a dirted tank guide that will be finished by this winter break (in a few weeks). I am taking finals right now this week and I haven't had time at all these past few weeks to go to my LFS and get some stones for the hardscape.

Tank specs:

Lights: generic hydroponics T5HO. I am getting a finnex planted+ for myself for christmas.
Fluval 306
Eheim auto feeder
Generic thermometer
Fluval mini c02 kit.
Fluval 100m heater I think (it's old)
Good video. Go pro is cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You dont have to do a video

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online