fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sparklingcolorsafw

Reaction score
I am saving up for a 75 gallon tank or up depending on price differences and room in my house. I want to get some neon, and glow light tetras, bala sharks, and a red tail shark. What else would go good in that kind of a tank? I like veriaty and usually colorfull, active, lively fish. :wub: :fish: I was also thinking about a catfish and a silver dollar. Any advise? :D

I would recommend doing alot of research on any prespective tank mates. during the time when you are saving up would be the time to do this. It would seem to be Neon Tetras would be food for the larger Bala and Red Finned Shark. Also the variety of fish is endless. Visit you local fish store a few times. Look around at the fish, write down what catches you eye and then find out as much as you can about it.

In my experience my rainbow shark (about the same as red finned) only did well when he was alone. I bought 3 sharks and when the other 2 died my last shark seem to get along much better. Before that they all hide in the corners and in the caves. The stress caused an ich outbreak and 2 didn't make it.

I have a pretty peaceful 150 gal. I enjoy each and everyone one of them.

I would advise against keeping bala sharks and red tailed sharks together. The red tailed shark can be very aggressive towards other fish like themselves.

Thanks for your advice. I notice one new fish lovers pic, a pic of Tifa. :D I also like fanal fantasy. I named my dog Barret. :wub:

Most reactions

Back