Fish Transfer

unknowntbeast

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I want to move my 6 zebra danios to my 20 gallon tank from a 10 gallon, but want some help on how to do it. The 20 gallon already has 5 live bearers and I treat the water with aquarium salt, while the 10 gallon didn't have salt. How much water should transfer as well? One danio is definitely prego, but I don't plan on try to breed any, with there be a problem with that or will they just eat the eggs?
 
I would bag the danios and acclimatise them as normal,not sure about the salt,i don't personally use salt,but i'm sure someone can help you with that one.

Danios don't become 'pregnant',but them do carry eggs,they roughly scatter 100's of eggs around,so unless you want to save them they will probably end up getting eaten.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top