Fish That Are Extemely Camera Shy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cooky_luvs

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Who ever said fish have a 10 second memory was sooo wrong..lol (or maybe the just ment goldfish?.lol) Cuz my Blue Gourami (named Cooky), is extemely afraid of my camera, the flash particulary. When I approach the tank w/ the camera he turns deep blue and runs in panic, and if I dare take a pic towards his direction he flips! He'll smash himself dangerously into rocks and the glass. Poor Guy :( Even w/ out flash he freaks out. I am 'very' careful not to scare him when taking pictures of the other fish. But him, I've only ever been able to get 1 pic..it's a funny one though! lol He definately remembers that camera because if I come to the tank w/ out it he runs right over begging for food, if I sneak the camera up, he shoots away. Soo anyone else have a fish that's camera shy to an extreme?

cookyface.jpg

The 1 and only pic of Cooky.

i dont know how long you have had your fish, but they will become more confotable with your after time. I can even clean my tank glass without my barbs chasing the napkin around. First few months they would hurry to corner of the tank when it even looked like i was walking up to it. Now they follow me around the room any time i walk by them. Bulldog plecs were the same way and somewhat still are specially if i make any fast movements. I would just say give him time and dont do it for awhile. Just give them something small to snack on or something everytime you approach the tank and eventually they will get use to it.

I've had him for about 7 months. He swims right up to me, but just hates that camera :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back