Fish talk

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

My fish have secrets I just know it!! Lol
I do talk to my fish a little. I say hi fishes and automatically feel silly. I know I shouldn't but I have had comments from family members that I spend too much time on my tank.

Yes I definitely talk to mine! Here little fishie wishies time for num nums...

So hubby found me chatting away to my fish tonight and told me to “stop talking to my fish, I look and sound like a weirdo” :rofl: now honestly I can’t be the only one that does this and find it okay, right?

Heya,
You are NOT alone. :) I do it all the time...kids always telling me that I am absolutely bonkers. I just say 'what's new?'

I don’t talk to them..yet But I sometimes pull up a chair and sit in between my tanks when I feed them just watching and relaxing. The fish in my community 55 will swim along with you if you move from one side to other side of the tank. So I think they’re my friends lol. Prolly just think foods coming

I don’t talk to them..yet But I sometimes pull up a chair and sit in between my tanks when I feed them just watching and relaxing. The fish in my community 55 will swim along with you if you move from one side to other side of the tank. So I think they’re my friends lol. Prolly just think foods coming

Yeah mine do the same if I move from side to side of the tank

Not only do I talk to my fish, a number of them know that I'm talking to them if I point at them too.. I have a tank of semi-aggressive fish that like to bang each other around for fun. I don't know how many times I've pointed to the one getting ready to do the bashing and said "Not now fella" in a stern voice and whichever one I point to very often looks at my finger pointed at them and hears my tone of voice and stops in mid-bash. He/she will even "behave" as long as they think I'm looking at them - I turn away and the bashing begins again.

I also swear a number of my fish flap their little side and tailfins when they see me. I'll open the top cover and they'll come up and listen to me talk to them and even sometimes let me give them a little rub (my Dojo loaches in particular). Now in reality they all just think I MIGHT have food in hand - but it's nice to pretend they are actually listening to me.

Finally, my Gourami that's been sick for well over a month also greets me. As long as I say "It's mama" fairly loudly then I can straighten out her swimming pattern and even pick her up without her jumping in alarm. She also allows me to push her towards food on top of the water and often eats a small amt. The entire time I talk in a very gentle voice or I think the outcome would be different. I'll attach a picture of her letting me hold her.
Greta Gourami Fish.jpg

We're not crazy folks - I'm finding that fish are far more responsive than I thought I'd ever acknowledge.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back