Fish swimming at 45 degrees

Catfish5865

New Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2019
Messages
59
Reaction score
12
Points
8
hi I've just introduced some head and tail light tetras and have noticed that one of then swims strangely.... nose up, almost a 45 degree angle. The others are placid and happy to just hover/floatb but this little chap is always swimming, usually near the top of the water line. I've attached a pic. Any ideas what it is? (Could he have been injured during the transfer from the shop's aquarium to the bag, or poorly??) I'm at a loss. I didnt expect him to survive the night but he has done. Pic attached. You'll see the fish concerned because of the angle.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 14.09.09.webp
    Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 14.09.09.webp
    126.3 KB · Views: 259
Can you post a video of the fish swimming?

If the fish sinks when it stops swimming then it has a swim bladder problem and should be returned or euthanised because they eventually burn out trying to swim constantly. There's no cure for swim bladder problems.
 
yes, here it is (little chap at the top). It doesn't seem to sink, although I've not seen him stop swimming...

 
Last edited:
take it back and get another fish or euthanise it
 

Most reactions

Back
Top