Fish Suggestions

Thomas 2507

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Okay, so I have an 80l aquarium with six Serpae Tetras. I would like to buy two Angelfish.

What fish would you suggest I buy to go with the Tetras and Angelfish?
 
Okay, so I have an 80l aquarium with six Serpae Tetras. I would like to buy two Angelfish.

What fish would you suggest I buy to go with the Tetras and Angelfish?

Firstly can i ask what the dimensions are for your tank, Unfortunately in my opinion your tank is too small for 2 angels long term, especially if you have other fish
 
80L is too small for Angels, I'm afraid as they will grow to quite a size.
Angels need at least 25G and a minimum depth of about 18".
I also wouldn't recommend keeping them with Serpae Tetras as the Tetras are liable to fin nip.
 
The aquarium is about 30" long, 18" wide and 24" tall.

I have done some reasearch and thought Angelfish would be okay in an aquarium of this volume.

As for the Serpae Tetras, I have had them in with fish such as Guppies and they have been fine.
 
According to the aquarium calculator that makes your tank 212 litres?!?
 
Does it...? I will go measure.

Sorry, my aquarium is actually 20" long, 12" wide and 18" tall. Don't know why I remembered my aquarium to be that big...
 
Wishful thinking along with the rest of us I think....;)
Your tank would be too small for Angels and they would be at risk from your Tetras.

Serpae Tetra
 
Okay... What fish would you suggest? I would like some Chichlids such as Kribensis?

I was so hoping to get an Angelfish!
 
You are a little limited because of your Tetras and also tank size.
I'm not 100% sure but I think the Kribensis may need a bigger tank.
Because of the Tetras, you are best looking at something that hasn't got long fins and isn't overly colourful. You could try upping the numbers on the Serpae to minimise aggression but there is no guarantee they won't fin nip.
 
Sorry, my aquarium is actually 20" long, 12" wide and 18" tall. Don't know why I remembered my aquarium to be that big...

sorry to be picky but that would only be 71 litres,

As for cichlids then IMO a pair of Bolivian or German Blue Rams would be your best choice
I'd say that Kribs will possibly show a little more aggression than you would like if kept in your sized tank, although a single krib may work
 
Okay, I could put the Tetras in my other tank with nothing in it at the moment.
 
Forget it, the Tetras are going in the other tank and I'm gonna have a livebearer community!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top