Fish Stuck Behind Background

Mr Spoon

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
493
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Location
East Sussex
I moved my pokadot loach in to my corner fish tank and they got stuck behind the juwel structured background. I was in a panic to get them out and couldn't so had to pull all the background off. All the loach seem ok and moved to spare tank while I sort my corner tank out. The background had been on for about 3 years and must have become loose. So anyone with this background is advised to check it occasionally. The tank looks ugly now with silicone over the glass. :sad:
 
lol!
i have a funny story simular, i have 3 mischievious catfish. I came down one morning and fount the filter had fallen down into the gravel as i put it back on the pane of glass i looked behind it (luckily enough) and the black sucker pouch that sucktions the filter to the glass well.... there was a catfihs in the pouch, i screamed thinking it was dead and how on earth did i not see it, i saw it move!
i managed to get it out and would you believe, i swear it tried to get back in there lol
Rellly strange. :hyper:
 
I moved my pokadot loach in to my corner fish tank and they got stuck behind the juwel structured background. I was in a panic to get them out and couldn't so had to pull all the background off. All the loach seem ok and moved to spare tank while I sort my corner tank out. The background had been on for about 3 years and must have become loose. So anyone with this background is advised to check it occasionally. The tank looks ugly now with silicone over the glass. :sad:

I had the juwel structured background for my juwel rio 125. I wish i had never got the stuff. I thought it would look good but it does take up a lot of room. So i ripped it OUT. After that i haD a further problem. All the silicon glue stuck to my glass. Some is still there now because its so tough to get off. SO ANYONE LOOKING AT THE STUFF DO NOT BUY IT?
 
I also have a 3-D background in my 250L tank but it is in once piece. I didnt need to glue it into place and find that it acts as a refuge for any fish that need a bit of peace and quiet - plus my BN plec like to sleep behind it!
 
I've heard many many stories of fish going behind 3d backgrounds. Your not the first and will definitely not be the last.
 
I've heard many many stories of fish going behind 3d backgrounds. Your not the first and will definitely not be the last.
I'm redoing my corner tank with probably blue card on the outside so it doesn't happen again. I'm also going to change the gravel for sand so i'm making the most of this problem. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top