Fish Shows

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
when I was a teenager many years ago I went to a fish show in Manchester at a huge venue (the old Bowlers nightclub)

It had stands of items for sale including some great fish and also displays tanks and display fish. I remember seeing a huge L25 there in a tiny tank that it had been brought in to display

I used to really enjoy the show and wondered whethr there is anything simlar that still goes on and if so where and when is it etc

cheers

I was on the Yorkshire circuit Y.A.A.S
You I expect fell under the F.N.A.S. banner.
War of the roses all over again LOL
The show scene is still alive but not in the way it used to be.

did you ever attend the show I'm talking about, it was about 15 plus yrs ago?

Sadly Not as I have moved back home now.
Their used to be regional conventions.
Yorkshires used to be at Donnie (Doncaster Racecourse)
Manchester area was held in GMex.
Every week through out the summer months there was a show to attend.
Check out the old fish club sites sadly a lot of them are now defunct.
http://www.ifocas.org/AquaristsReunited/
BTW I was a member of Bradford and District Aquarist Society for many a year.

blimey you just reminded me I went to the Doncaster one, a hidden memory resurected!!! lol

Yeah sadly numbers are down now but there are still a lot of dedicated aquarists out there to keep the thing going.
Regards
BigC

Here's something that might be right up your street and a chance to meet folks connected with the local scene. (I think it's close to you)
Merseyside Aquarist Society Spring Auction (March 1st)
Childwall Sports College
Fiveways
Queens Drive
Liverpool
LS15 6XZ
Contact Joe 01512898109 or 07793210074

speak with helterskelter as he goe's to tonne's of fish show's every year :good:
sorry to jump in but thanks for the message about the auction i am only ten mins away from there got to go tomorrow now thanks :good: :good: :good:

Sorry to jump in but thanks for the message about the auction i am only ten mins away from there got to go tomorrow now thanks
No Problem M8
If you do go, dont forget to give us a update on your experience of the day.
Regards
BigC

cheers for the info

I'm stuck in with the kids tomorrow as mrs going to a wedding fayre and taking the car.Mines only 2 seats so stuck in!! :crazy:

Wazza let me kow what its like pal cos I'll go the next one

cheers for the info

I'm stuck in with the kids tomorrow as mrs going to a wedding fayre and taking the car.Mines only 2 seats so stuck in!! :crazy:

Wazza let me kow what its like pal cos I'll go the next one
yes of course mate going to have a look and i will let you know tomorrow i will try and find out some info

Sorry to hear you cant attend simonas but you should give that number a ring and get some gen on the local society, where they have their meetings etc.
Regards
BigC

Sorry to hear you cant attend simonas but you should give that number a ring and get some gen on the local society, where they have their meetings etc.
Regards
BigC
thanks BigC wazza

Sadly Not as I have moved back home now.
Their used to be regional conventions.
Yorkshires used to be at Donnie (Doncaster Racecourse)
Manchester area was held in GMex.
Every week through out the summer months there was a show to attend.
Check out the old fish club sites sadly a lot of them are now defunct.
[URL="http://www.ifocas.org/AquaristsReunited/"]http://www.ifocas.org/AquaristsReunited/[/URL]
BTW I was a member of Bradford and District Aquarist Society for many a year.
Yes remember the Doncaster shows well from my youth. Went every year for years as i was in the rotherham aquarist club. great days indeed!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back