fish shows,trade shows?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cla55y19

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
does anyone know off any trade shows or so on you know what i mean i cant think of there proper name, where you can go along and breeders sell there fish and stuff i used to go to one for reptiles but cant seem to find any for fish :angry: any help would be very nice :D

When I lived on the mainland (up north lad) a few years back (70's-90's) there were loads of festivals etc. but now the seems to be a lull, probably due to the computer age as kids don't want to be bothered with looking after fish. The best way for you to find out about the scene is to contact your nearest Aquarist club. There will be one somewhere near you but you may have to travel a little bit. These clubs are a goldmine of information.
Regards
BigC

apprantly the ilford one that is nearest me is very good and very old dont know if any one has heard of it or goes to it on here?

While you are on the subject anyone know of any shows or aquatic clubs near sheffield?

see i think people are interested in going to shows and so on to see what weird fish and that people have and to hear others stories and buy them fish you can get in any lfs maybe everyone hear should make one lol

cla55y19 said:
see i think people are interested in going to shows and so on to see what weird fish and that people have and to hear others stories and buy them fish you can get in any lfs maybe everyone hear should make one lol
[snapback]896087[/snapback]​

alot of LFS have gone to commercial and over priced to few can actually tell you they quarinteen there fish, I only know of one near me that is any good. I was interested in shows as you get a variety of fish tell me which LFS's sell L Number plecos and syno's I dont have any near me. :p

Also cheers for responce Big C :cool:

Donny!! (Doncaster Racecourse was the venue for the Y.A.A.S (Yorkshire Association of Aquarists Societies) Annual Festival. It was a three day event back then.

BigC said:
Donny!! (Doncaster Racecourse was the venue for the Y.A.A.S (Yorkshire Association of Aquarists Societies) Annual Festival. It was a three day event back then.
[snapback]896110[/snapback]​

Sweet, I am a booky may stay over if there is a meeting the following day 2 of my loves at one venue, what was the day like back then, was it as big as it sounds :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back