Fish Room Lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Hey ya'll.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to light their fish room with a single fixture?

I'm not looking to have amazon swords in my tanks, but the possibility of keep a low-light plant alive would be nice.

Just trying to simplify my set up as I have quite a few tanks running.

I've been a cheap minimalist for, well, forever. What size room? Is there a window? What fish?

What I can get away with my light shunning killies may not work for other types of fish.

I've been a cheap minimalist for, well, forever. What size room? Is there a window? What fish?

What I can get away with my light shunning killies may not work for other types of fish.
You and I are kindred spirits! The room is probably 10 by 11.

I am hoping to expand in a few weeks to Multis, Brichardi + I have rams and kribs currently.

Those fish like light. We could make a thread to bore everyone, or you could shoot me a pm.

A single light in a room will not be sufficient to grow aquatic plants. However, it is sufficient for keeping most fish.

If you want to grow live aquatic plants, put some skylights in the roof. If you build a fishroom, have alternating sheets of tin then clear lazorlite sheeting, then tin, then lazorlite, etc. In cold climates skylights can let cold air in and warm air out and should be covered with insulation during the real cold periods or double/ triple glazed to stop heat loss.

Most reactions

Back