Fish Of The Week - Wrasses

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fixed the link, thanks I hadn't noticed that :)

Been trying to get some good photos of my cleaner wrasse in action but not had any luck as yet.

My little hard to get good photo of wrasse:

DSCF8031.jpg

I have no idea. Leopard maybe.

The one drawback of catching all your own fish. :p Identifying them all for sure

if i get some time in the next few weeks i might just get organized and do that :)

Winner!!!

Yep that's the one. Sweet. That's one more fish identified. Thanks!

Newest guy :)
Rhomboid Fairy. Absolutely love him.
(copepods allllllll over my glass, so my pictures have been horribly blurry lately).

246tlap.jpg

2ywwo0g.jpg

11wg8qx.jpg

Should also post my blue star leopard. Another great fish. Very friendly. Doesn't bother a soul. (And is currently working on eating all those darn copepods!!)

ilyipe.jpg

Any new Wrasses to share?

Seffie x

ps Ben, could you take a look at the Fish of the Week - pinned section, they are not all there!

Puddingwife wrasse... this one was swiftly returned to the shop after finding out they get pretty big. shame as i really liked it.
PA090102.jpg

My six line wrasse... easily my favourite fish, full of character.
PC220229.jpg

HI Danny

I dont think I have ever seen a puddingtonwife wrasse - you dont know its latin name do you?

Seffie x

HI Danny

I dont think I have ever seen a puddingtonwife wrasse - you dont know its latin name do you?

Seffie x

i wouldnt hold me to this but i think its Halichoeres radiatus. apparently they grow quite large and completely change colour and shape. heres a link showing a pic of an adult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puddingwife_wrasse

edit: just done a bit more reading and they eat inverts. glad i removed him before he munched on mine. theyr a shallow reef fish from the western atlantic. says theyr quite rare in the trade.

Thanks for the info. the wrasse is gorgeous, here is a bit more from fishbase:

http://www.fishbase.org/summary/speciessummary.php?id=1068

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back