Richie Lucas
New Member
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2005
- Messages
- 43
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi guys,
I finally got my tank going, set it all up, ran it for 14 days, had water tested for Nitrite, Nitrate and Ammonia, all read 0.
So me being me decided to go to the fish store and buy some.....fish.
I asked for 6 neon tetras and got 7, and 3 mollies.
Ive only had them for 7 days, and 2 tetra's mysteriously died. The first few days all the fish were feeding fine, but now every time i feed them, they are just spitting the food straight back out
I had another water test done yesterday and i now have a slight rise in ammonia
So not only are my fish not eating, they are swimming in the presence of oh so dangerous ammonia.
Any advice is appreciated!
I finally got my tank going, set it all up, ran it for 14 days, had water tested for Nitrite, Nitrate and Ammonia, all read 0.
So me being me decided to go to the fish store and buy some.....fish.
I asked for 6 neon tetras and got 7, and 3 mollies.
Ive only had them for 7 days, and 2 tetra's mysteriously died. The first few days all the fish were feeding fine, but now every time i feed them, they are just spitting the food straight back out

I had another water test done yesterday and i now have a slight rise in ammonia
So not only are my fish not eating, they are swimming in the presence of oh so dangerous ammonia.
Any advice is appreciated!
. (You should almost always have some form of nitrate reading)
probably explains why my 5 neons and 5 guppies died though
you can try new foods if they still arent eating after this






