Fish Mix

j@mie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OK since most of my fish have died, i want to restock with 7 tiger barbs, and 1 RTBS. Only prob is, i have a few fish remaining, them being, a couple of neons, 1 clown loach, 1 frog, 1 platy, and maybe 1 guppy

Will these be safe ?

cheers

What type of frog is it?

I would definately rehome your clown loach, they get to be 12 inches and needs to be in groups of 3 or more. With your new stocking I would probably see if you can trade all your fish back. The guppy definately won't go with tiger barbs. The neons might work, but they need to be in a much larger group too and that would be pushing it stocking wise.

If the frog is an ADF, the barbs will pick at it, if it's an ACF it will eventually eat everything in sight.

Sorrell said:
What type of frog is it?

I would definately rehome your clown loach, they get to be 12 inches and needs to be in groups of 3 or more. With your new stocking I would probably see if you can trade all your fish back. The guppy definately won't go with tiger barbs. The neons might work, but they need to be in a much larger group too and that would be pushing it stocking wise.

If the frog is an ADF, the barbs will pick at it, if it's an ACF it will eventually eat everything in sight.
dno what it is, just an aquatic frog! i know about the clown loach :) - time it like a piece of rope, dno how long ill have it, but when it gets 2 big ill just rehome it :)

ty for advice.

p.s he is a happy little soul anyway.

Here's a link for identifying your frog :)

For your loach just remember there's a difference in surviving and thriving ;)

I'd re-home the loach right away. First off, they need to be in groups and they do get big slowly but even at a small size, if you put the tiger barbs and RTBS in you'll be over-stocked. Also, when it gets larger it'll be harder to find a home for it. Now you can just take it back to your LFS or exchange it at an LFS for store credit to get your RTBS. The guppy will have to go (why is it a 'maybe' BTW?). The neons will have to be removed because they are shoaling fish and the platy should be removed because it may be bullied by the RTBS and possibly by the barbs as well.

sylvia said:
I'd re-home the loach right away. First off, they need to be in groups and they do get big slowly but even at a small size, if you put the tiger barbs and RTBS in you'll be over-stocked. Also, when it gets larger it'll be harder to find a home for it. Now you can just take it back to your LFS or exchange it at an LFS for store credit to get your RTBS. The guppy will have to go (why is it a 'maybe' BTW?). The neons will have to be removed because they are shoaling fish and the platy should be removed because it may be bullied by the RTBS and possibly by the barbs as well.
well the clown loach seems very happy, he has even started to bond with the RTBS i bought today, i also got the tigers, all is peacefull.

Overstocked ? the tank looks empty! :S

guppy was nearly dead, didnt know if it was still alive when i made this thread.

Most reactions

Back