Fish Less Cycle

joshrm115

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
USA, California
I'm one week in to the cycle and I have a few questions. Do I leave the lights on as usual? does it matter if my bubbles are on? what should the temp be?
 
lights arent necessary will just cause algae so leave them off an save the planet and your wallet. there again bubble dont matter i would leave them off, sav money and leccy.

temperature anywhere fro 23oC to 27oC is acceptable for most species
 
I'm not sure about the lights, but I would be of the opinion that you should use your air pump and raise your temperature, as this suppossingly encourages the growth of the ammonia/nitrite eating bacteria. To lift a quote from the pinned cycling thread. Only my 'inexperienced' opinion.

raise the water temperature to the mid to upper 80s. I have even had success with temperatures in the low 90s. The warmer water promotes bacteria growth and will speed the cycle. Also, you will need to add extra aeration via an air stone and air pump. The warmer water temperature will force the oxygen from the water so you must add aeration to replenish it.
 
as above said raise temp to mid to high 80's that will encourage faster bacteria growth as will the extra oxygen by the air pump lights arnt an nesserty at all just looks better when the lights are on lol but as stated if u leave them off will save your leccy bill :)


jen
 

Most reactions

Back
Top