Fish identification

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gypsy5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone help to identify these two fish please? They belong to a friend who has asked me for advice because the silver one is suddenly being quite aggressive towards the orange one. There is another fish in the tank with them but that one is being left alone.
fish.png

Thanks for reading and for any advice you can give. :)

Last edited:
a zebra danio and an albino white cloud mountain minnow.

Both require schools of 6 or more. Helps spread out the aggression and keep it to their own kind. So if he doesn't have a school of each, I suggest getting them their own schools

top fish is a zebra danio with a bent back.
bottom fish is a white cloud mountain minnow (gold colour form).

white clouds are coldwater fish that do best in water with a temperature between 10-24C.
zebra danios are cool water fish that do best in water with a temperature between 16-26C.

Both fish do best in groups of 6 (preferably 10) or more, and are generally easy to keep. White clouds are nice little fish that will breed in a tank and don't eat their eggs or young.

That's great, thank you both. I shall pass on your wisdom to my friend.

I've said that I'll take the danio and put it in my 6ft tropical tank if needs be. Plenty of room in there for me to get another 10 or so for company for it. :)

One is zebra danio and the other is called a Golden White Cloud Mountain Minnow

a zebra danio and an albino white cloud mountain minnow.

Both require schools of 6 or more. Helps spread out the aggression and keep it to their own kind. So if he doesn't have a school of each, I suggest getting them their own schools
Nope, not an albino. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back