Fish Id Help Please

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have found for sale rather a pretty looking fish, but I want to read up on it first, however I am having touble looking it up as it does not seem to exist. Its advertised as a talapia marea but I think it should be spelt tilapia? I have found recipies on how to cook tilapia lol. Just wonder if anyone knows a common name for it.
Thanks
 
They most likely mean Tilapia mariae, (spotted tilapia)
They are a big, aggressive cichlid from africa
 
Thanks Bae1994 but thats not the one, this one is green with faint stripes, not helpfull as its only a youngster.

Thanks Dave I will look up spotted tilapia :good:
 
Its a good job you did Dave, I would have spent all night trying to figure it out otherwise lol. Shame people cant advertise fish correctly :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top