Fish I Dont Want?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Well, it all hit me in a dream. I really had a nightmare about overpopulation to my fish. I had a dream I bought I fancy goldfish for my little sisters 4g tank and she had like three goldfishes that died due to overpopulated. (The fancy goldfish was big.) Now, I didnt really worry about them, but I still felt bad. So, then my dream moves on. My 29 main gallon tank(109-110L) has my little bala shark in it. Well, I'm aware it gets huge, 30ish centimetres, (amicorrect?) and in my dream it was that huge. Now im worried about my bala shark. I normally only collect small fish (1-3 inches) But im worried bout my bala. What should I do? Im scared it'll grow too big. I can't really afford another tank or so, unless I save up my years funding.(Usually use it over time to time)

Yeah, so. Does a bala get fat and long, or long and skinny. .__. I really wanna murder that bala, but its the wrong thing to do. >___> Yeah, so sometimes I really want to start over my tank. (Honey dwarf gourami, two ADFS(####, I'd never throw these guys away) one Black skirt Tetra, a bala shark and two swordtail mates.)

I also want a few clown loaches. They grow 9" ish, amicorrect? I have two ADF mates. Will that harm anything? :/


Anyone wanna help me with my Bala shark/ Clown loach situation? ;/

I might get like, three clown loaches tomorrow so.. HELPPPPPPP! :-( :-(
 
im afraid to tell you that clown loaches get well over 12", i dont remember the exact size, thinking 16ish? they are slow growers tho, but even so that tank is small and im not sure if it would be a good idea, specially if you dont believe you will be upgrading soon. as for the bala, it will be good for a little bit, maybe start saving a little on the side for a future upgrade? they get large (too large for ur tank) and are best kept in groups (3 min). ive been in your situation, black sharks actually.. lfs said itd be fine.. well having 2 of them in a 55g with other sharks, not good. no extreme violence, just lack of growth on my other fish, domination by them two, nad they grew too big for the tank. i do miss them, had them rehomed to a nice gentleman with a very large tank. it does stress the importance of researching (google the fish, check out many different sites, ask on here, etc..) before buying. like i said, ive been there and made that mistake, but it can be fixed. I finally got things together and had the 2 sharks rehomed for the better of them aswell as my other fish. i would suggest a similar action (rehome, upgrade, etc..) be done to avoid problems.

hope this helped, and good luck

Murphy
 
dont get/keep or have balas or clown loaches in that size tank, they will never reach their full potental,and will suffer.. anyway lecture over :lol:
there are lots of smaller fish you could keep and they are not all boring, think tank size, think bottom middle top level, then research and ask, and you`ll have a stunning set up in no time (( i like to make it sound that easy ;) ))
 
Well, it all hit me in a dream. I really had a nightmare about overpopulation to my fish. I had a dream I bought I fancy goldfish for my little sisters 4g tank and she had like three goldfishes that died due to overpopulated. (The fancy goldfish was big.) Now, I didnt really worry about them, but I still felt bad. So, then my dream moves on. My 29 main gallon tank(109-110L) has my little bala shark in it. Well, I'm aware it gets huge, 30ish centimetres, (amicorrect?) and in my dream it was that huge. Now im worried about my bala shark. I normally only collect small fish (1-3 inches) But im worried bout my bala. What should I do? Im scared it'll grow too big. I can't really afford another tank or so, unless I save up my years funding.(Usually use it over time to time)

Yeah, so. Does a bala get fat and long, or long and skinny. .__. I really wanna murder that bala, but its the wrong thing to do. >___> Yeah, so sometimes I really want to start over my tank. (Honey dwarf gourami, two ADFS(####, I'd never throw these guys away) one Black skirt Tetra, a bala shark and two swordtail mates.)

I also want a few clown loaches. They grow 9" ish, amicorrect? I have two ADF mates. Will that harm anything? :/


Anyone wanna help me with my Bala shark/ Clown loach situation? ;/

I might get like, three clown loaches tomorrow so.. HELPPPPPPP! :-( :-(


Do us all a favour, if you dont want your fish, please take it back to the LFS or re-home on here or somewhere else, do not murder your fish :angry:
 
good god i must have been still asleep when i read that, i didnt even see the parts you have highlighted minx, what an awful thing to think, even more so to share, get a grip and return them like minx said, u dont deserve to have them !
 
good god i must have been still asleep when i read that, i didnt even see the parts you have highlighted minx, what an awful thing to think, even more so to share, get a grip and return them like minx said, u dont deserve to have them !


Hmm... A little harsh isn't it?



Murphy, Clown Loaches only grow to 10 inches max in most cases.
 
alright, thanks.. couldnt remember.. but either way still too big. and yea i didnt read the murder part neither.. if u ever feel that way.. dont murder ur fish man. give it away for nothing if u have to..
 
Shh, i said I would want too, but never. I'd feel the guilt ne ways.

Also, my bala shark is very happy. He's bout medium sized and is doing great. He hangs around with my BS tetra ALOT! They're like best friends. :blush:

Bleh, I didn't get the clown loaches. Found them ten dollars for what, a baby sized loach? Didn't think it was worth it since I only had twenty-five dollars. (12 years old, no job just parents to cling onto their wallet. :D)

:P I have more than that saved since my lifetime, but tahts gonna be used for a bike in highschool.

Anyways, I got three Dojo Loaches that were medium sized for five dollars. Didn't sound like a ripoff so I took three.

I estimated their size and it looked.. well :P They'd fit in with good room when fully grown. :D (two play together, other one hangs with my two other ADFs)

Any suggestions with my Dojo/weather loach? (They're like eels.) :D When they move their tail, its so sexy. :drool: :shifty: :wub: :hey:

good god i must have been still asleep when i read that, i didnt even see the parts you have highlighted minx, what an awful thing to think, even more so to share, get a grip and return them like minx said, u dont deserve to have them !

dude. I said I would but I wouldn't. I mean, who would?

And thats a little harsh man. Lighten up a little, would yah?
 
i get that u wouldnt, no worries.. but honestly ive heard it done before as a lot of people on here probably have.. wierd people are out there trust me:P
 
you really need to take that bala back, they need to be in LARGE tanks with LARGE groups. Also, that poor tetra needs some friends. Also, im not taking your age as WOW, hes 12, its okay , dude im 15, and i have been in your shoes before. I still dont have a job, and you are plenty old enough to be responsible to do whats right for your fish, im taking any of this BS. Your tank is already over stocked, and you dont have the right mixes in there, YET YOU BUY MORE?
 
you really need to take that bala back, they need to be in LARGE tanks with LARGE groups. Also, that poor tetra needs some friends. Also, im not taking your age as WOW, hes 12, its okay , dude im 15, and i have been in your shoes before. I still dont have a job, and you are plenty old enough to be responsible to do whats right for your fish, im taking any of this BS. Your tank is already over stocked, and you dont have the right mixes in there, YET YOU BUY MORE?

The kid is twelve cut him some slack. I think just joining this forum is responsible in a way. I mean most twelve year olds are off doing other things. The majority of them wouldn't have the slightest thought about joining a fish forum, I mean c'mon this kid is probably still in elementary for goodness sakes!


1x Bala Shark
1x Gold Dwarf Gourami
2x Black Skirt Tetra
2x Swordtail (Male/Female)
2x Yamato/Anone Shrimp
2x African Dwarf Frog (Male/Female)
3X Dojo Loach


kribensis12, This isn't a bad stock at all. Definitely not over stocked (as long as Bala+Dojos are small.) I might add Compatibility isn't bad either.

Kevin, you will end up with some fish that get too big for the tank though, this is the only problem. I would recommend getting rid of the Bala Sharks and Dojo Loach. Please give them away to a good home or return them to the pet store. You could then add a few more Black Skirt Tetras! Always do a little bit of research before you buy fish. Make sure you know the minimum tank size they can be kept in.
 
I meant the right mixes as in the sized tank. The bala should have plenty more of its own kind, but it needs a waayy bigger tank. Plus, the Dojo's need a bigger tank. Ples the poor tetras need freinds. And, the shrimp wouldnt mind a few more freinds either.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top