Fish Haikus

I am insulted!
The haiku form is not so,
You strange, strange person.

Just in case, joking!
I am amused by this talk,
In only haiku.
 
LOL, here's my best attempt

Fish are fun.
Swimming in a tank.
Refrigerator.

How'd I do :D ?

By the way I can't count syllables....... I made myself forget. And thanks for that tip Corleone, at least I know the last line is right.

I would skip Lit classes and go hang in my AP Psychology class or my math class. Just so I could miss what my lit. teacher called "fun filled activities". Like dancing around trees..... next to the road.
 
Liquid perfection
vibrant colours sparkling
My beautiful fish

Synchronized dancing
Underwater ballet show
They captured my heart
 
Hey, on my fish website, Smellslikefish.TK, I have a poetry section, anyone who wants their poem on the site, PM me!

Liquid perfection
vibrant colours sparkling
My beautiful fish

Synchronized dancing
Underwater ballet show
They captured my heart
that was amazing so far ypu are in the lead

Wow, that's great!
 
oh boy im goin into 9th grade... I have not been informed of this haiku yet:(

I see where you're from
You're from Rochester New York
I'm from New York too

No Hiakus for you
You are in for worse than that
Horrid bores of essays
 
(haiku for a guppy)

vibrant fins lie still
no glitter kaleidoscope
your lights dim, dead fish


thats harder than it looks... im better at rude limericks!
 
Ooh, sweet, poetry! I love poetry at the moment. I threw a poem together last week as a favour to an English teacher, in, like, an hour. It sucked, but apparently there were so few entries that I actually won. $200. It will end up in a fish tank, no doubt. I can buy an albino krib now. (Well who else to write fish poetry than somebody who gets an unexpected $200 and then immediately looks for an opportunity to pour it into a fish tank?)

Plastic, glass and glue
But my fish don't seem to mind
Keep them as I do

^ I like the rhyming style of haiku. It's a little harder. The normal style is good though. This is one I wrote last year for the poetry anthology. We do that in year 9 in Australia too. I used a matched set of three:

Stallion black as night
Brumby rearing to the sky
Challenging the dark

Horses gallop off
Manes and tails stream behind
Racing to the moon

Brumbies stand as one
Silent beauty of the night
Spirits wild and free


____________________________

Feathers, fur or fins
Wish I didn't love them all
Running out of room

Way too many tanks
Can't walk through my house at night
Stare at fish instead.


I'll post some more if I think of them. Fish ones.
 
Ooh, sweet, poetry! I love poetry at the moment. I threw a poem together last week as a favour to an English teacher, in, like, an hour. It sucked, but apparently there were so few entries that I actually won. $200. It will end up in a fish tank, no doubt. I can buy an albino krib now. (Well who else to write fish poetry than somebody who gets an unexpected $200 and then immediately looks for an opportunity to pour it into a fish tank?)

Plastic, glass and glue
But my fish don't seem to mind
Keep them as I do

^ I like the rhyming style of haiku. It's a little harder. The normal style is good though. This is one I wrote last year for the poetry anthology. We do that in year 9 in Australia too. I used a matched set of three:

Stallion black as night
Brumby rearing to the sky
Challenging the dark

Horses gallop off
Manes and tails stream behind
Racing to the moon

Brumbies stand as one
Silent beauty of the night
Spirits wild and free


____________________________

Feathers, fur or fins
Wish I didn't love them all
Running out of room

Way too many tanks
Can't walk through my house at night
Stare at fish instead.


I'll post some more if I think of them. Fish ones.
that was very interesting lots of them to choose from ill get back to you on which one is the best
 
i love haiku. i'm not very good at it but it's fun to write.
i'll add more but this is what i came up with short notice.

Slow and graceful. Yet
dash and dart as needed in
water clear as air.

This is another i found about computers that i find really funny

Windows XP crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top