Fish fry escapes nursery tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AlphinaNovaStar

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I got this mystery fish fry in my live bearer community tank. Well I had him in a nursery floater thing until he escaped over an hour ago when his nursery went under the water filter. He was a pain to catch and I do not want to try to catch him again. it is almost two hours of him swimming in the main tank. He escaped about ten minutes before 5 pm my time. Right now it is about twenty till 7pm.
My question is that since he has survived about two hours in the big tank with the adult fish would it be okay if I let him swim around free. Or should I go through the hassle of trying to capture him again and hope he does not escape again?

if it's a really small baby fish it will probably get eaten.
It has been a full 24 hours since he escaped his nursery and he is still swimming around the tank. I think it is the same fish but not sure since my eyes are not that great for tiny details like that it seems.

Some fry are good at hiding and not getting eaten. I once moved a bunch of platy fry and then put 2 goldfish into a tank. Two weeks later I found a fry who had survived with the goldfish and they are fin pigs! Good luck! You may want to throw a little Hikari First Bites in so he can get some food easier.

I got the fry back into the nursery. I also ordered some first bites for the fry, but it is being mailed by usps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back