Fish frustration

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sharoane

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I wanted to add some fish to my tank today. The green water is finally leaving my tank, my current fish are doing fine and my levels all looked good. So, off to the pet store we went. I have my heart set on a school of diamond tetras and thought I'd add three today and three more next week and maybe one more to make a nice school...

The store with the best-looking fish (as in cleanest tank, least dead fish and healthiest stock) had half its tanks quarantined due to ick. So we drove to another lfs only to find out that they closed early due to it being an official holiday--even though YESTERDAY was the actual holiday and they closed early then, too. Out of sheer desperation we decided to try Wal-mart.

First off, their selection was limited, the diamond tetras small, not very shiny and twice the cost of the other two stores. Secondly, the gentleman in charge of the fish was...special. Lastly, they had another type of tetra in a nearby tank with half his face missing--everything forward of his eyes but who looked as hale and hearty as the rest. It was all too creepy for us.

By then it was late and rainy and I was annoyed, so home we went, empty handed.

BTW, anyone out there have diamond tetras?

Sorry to hear that, Sharoane. But you did the right thing in not getting any fish that were unhealthy. It'll be worth the wait when you finally get your diamond tetras :nod:

Most reactions

Back