fish for small pond, other then goldies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

vantgE

I know you agree
Reaction score
The family is thinking of getting a pond and i would love to put fish in it, the one were looking at is only 60 gallons though, anything i can put in besides goldfish

you could have some minows or a different type of goldfish like sarasa comet which i really like as there reds are so bright and brilliant!!

Yeah i thought white clouds but sorta wanted something bigger, i just never seen a goldfish that didn't look really ugly

well with minows you could have a bigger shoal than larger fish where you might have 2/3 in that size pond.

not a fan of goldfish then....if you haven't seen sarasa comet in person you should as you might like them!!

i think you could have some golden rudd in there. can't think of anything else at the moment.

I looked at some pictures still don't like goldfish the sarassa didn't change much but the golden rudd looked neat thanks for your help

other suggestions are still welcomed won't have a pond for awhile if we get one

Possible fish:
Golden Rudd (Scardinius erythrophthalmus)
Golden Minnows (Phoxinus phoxinus)-Fast well oxygenated water needed.
Gudgeon (Gobio gobio)
Three-Spined Stickleback (Gasteroseus aculeatus)
Ten-Spined Sitckleback (Pungitius pungitius)
Rosyred Minnow (Pimephales promelas) (Licence)
Rainbow Dace (Cyprinella lutrensis)
Common Minnow (Phoxinus phoxinus)-Fast well oxygenated water needed.
Sunfish (A Lepomis species)
Goldfish (Carassius auratus)
Comets (Carassius auratus)
Wheather Loaches (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus)........

You can keep
tench (gold and green)
japanese medaka A.K.A. ricefish (approx size of neons and orangy yellow in colour). If you can get hold of them very hard to find, NASA set them into space once.
dace
rudd

I had all of these as a kid. and many more! :D

oh and I forgot try these they are fantastic: shubunkins
there are two types London and Birmingham :cool:

What about Paradise fish? I read that they can be kept in pond.

BB

dannio2004 said:
You can keep
tench (gold and green)
japanese medaka A.K.A. ricefish (approx size of neons and orangy yellow in colour). If you can get hold of them very hard to find, NASA set them into space once.
dace
rudd

I had all of these as a kid. and many more! :D

oh and I forgot try these they are fantastic: shubunkins
there are two types London and Birmingham :cool:
I wouldn't recommend Tench for a 60g pond under any circumstances, do you know how big they get? Wild caught fish can reach 18" and sometimes more but the biggest captive fish I have seen was 16", one of mine is currently 12" so way to big for a 60g pond.

Most reactions

Back