Fish For New Tank(Newbie)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

56jman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What are some good colorful, "hardy", beginner fish for a 55-75 gallon tank w/ lots of hiding spots... just beginning so go easy w/ your experienced complicated talk :) :unsure:

What are some good colorful, "hardy", beginner fish for a 55-75 gallon tank w/ lots of hiding spots... just beginning so go easy w/ your experienced complicated talk :) :unsure:

At this point in your reef-keeping career, I'm not even going to bother recommending fish. Instead, I'm going to recommend a reasonably priced book to get you learning about fish so you can dazzle your parents and they will let you have the fish tank. :good:

The 101 Best Saltwater Fishes by Scott W. Michael

good point by Lissette but I would also add that clowns, blennys firefish which I have kept have been trouble freee for me and lovbely additions to my tank but I would also add that the first time i did a reef I added fish too quickly and nearly messed it all up

Lots of beautiful beginner fish to be found. Try liveaquaria. com, they have a nice section with pictures and info on beginner fish. (clowns, gobies, firefish, cardinal fish, certain wrasses, blennies, and even dottybacks.)

It's a great site (plus you can't beat the fact that they have a section called 'fish for beginners' with pictures and information!

Most reactions

Back