Fish For Community Tank

sheree

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
I want 1-2 centre fish for my 180l tank. I need something very peaceful to go with a variety of tetras, rasboras and cories which grows to a maximum size of 6" and preferably swims mid-top. I've had several types of gourami as a centrepiece so fancy something different. I already have a boosemani rainbow and i can't have angel's as i've a shoal of neons. Any ideas?
 
Keyhole Cichlids tend to get overlooked even though they are really peaceful, stunning fish. They aren't full of colour like a lot of fish but they make a great addition to any tank.

Keyhole Cichlid
 
I have a 45 Gallon or 171L

3 Small Clown Loaches
2 Angels
2 Peral Gourami
6 Black Skirted Tetras
1 Albino Briselnose Pleco
1 Goldnugget Pleco


Pleco
Cory
Loaches
Silver dollars
Rasboras
Dwarf Gourami


From experience. Red Eye Tetras are not good with Neon or Rasboras.
 
if you put small angelfish in the tank and they grow up with the neons, quite often they will live fine with them. If you add big angels to a tank with neons then the neons usually get eaten.
Maybe look at a geophagus of some sort. Perhaps a surinamensis or jurupara but they dig so might disturb the plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top