Fish Death

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

phoenixgsd

Fish Herder
Reaction score
after searching locally for more khulis for about 8 months i finally found some at a garden center i happened to drive past and popped in to kill some time and  'just browse' like you do, :)  alot of tanks had the odd dead fish and one dead in the kuhlis tank but the rest looked healthy and were acting normally so i chanced it and bought 5 for £6 i acclimatised them very slowly and dripped a bit of my own tank water in over a space of about 40 minutes then netted them into the tank, yet this morning one was dead, should i have steered clear and looked elsewhere or is it just one of those things, they were very young kuhlis only about a inch long, was it something i did?
the water stats are 0ppm ammonia and nitrite and 10ppm nitrate ph is 6.2

THese things happen, sadly, I had to take an ex-Agassizii back to Maidenheads on Sunday.

That said, an ex-fish in a number of different tanks does tend to indicate a certain lack of professionalism on the part of the management. As I'm sure you know, fish tend to hide weakness pretty well, until they really are on their last fins, so even if it looked healthy in the shop, it may be that the lack of professionalism by the management on leaving a large number of sinkers in the tanks also meant that the live fish weren't as well cared for as one would hope.

I wouldn't beat yourself over the head about it, especially as the other 4 are in good health. Take the former Kuhli back to the shop and get them to swap it.

deffinatly lacking something, they were 5 for £6 and she put 6 in the bag instead, then grabbed one with her hand and put it back in the main tank,
ohmy.png
  i nearly fell over

Oh my. This place sounds like an entry on your "Avoid" list. Be grateful that the other 4 haven't swum off this mortal coil too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back