Fish Auctions

sykogngsta

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
240
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Colorado
Are fish auctions good places to purchase fish and plants? There is an upcoming fish auction near me coming up next week and im not sure if it would be a good idea to go or not. Are fish aby cheaper when you buy them at fish auctions?
 
i have heard that they are great places to go and meet others in the hobby, and the fish will probably be cheaper as you wont be paying any postage and you can talk to the owners about them if there was one near me, nothing would keep me away,go and have a look anyway, nothing to lose :):)
 
IMO I would say NOto fish auctions.When I buy fish I want to see them feed and swim. Body language is everything when looking at fish

Emma
 
IMO I would say NOto fish auctions.When I buy fish I want to see them feed and swim. Body language is everything when looking at fish

Emma

Oh, i was maybe going to go to see if they had any different fish than the ones they always have in the stores. I would also only go of the fish and plants were cheaper tahn a lfs.
 
I would check it out, whenever I've read someone has been to a fish auction they almost all of the time come back with some great fish and bargins.
 
fish auctions are the best places to purchase fish . some fish can be very cheap and some can be expensive but remember in most caes you are buying good quality home breed fish

and some times getting fish that you would not see in the pet shops theres nothing beter than a day out at a fish auction meeting old and new frends .

i have been to many auctions and always come back with a bargin..
 
personal preference has alot to do with this subject. I like to SEE the actual fish that is going in my tank. Auctions IMO is like speed dating

Emma
 
personal preference has alot to do with this subject. I like to SEE the actual fish that is going in my tank. Auctions IMO is like speed dating

Emma

You do get to see the fish you're buying though, well from the auctions I've seen you do.
 
personal preference has alot to do with this subject. I like to SEE the actual fish that is going in my tank. Auctions IMO is like speed dating

Emma

Yeah at this auction they have an hour before the actual auctions wher eyou actually look at the fish and otehr things being sold.
 
personal preference has alot to do with this subject. I like to SEE the actual fish that is going in my tank. Auctions IMO is like speed dating

Emma
wall you can see the fish in the bag at fish auctions.
i can see them feed and swim when i get them home lol
 
Maybe ill try the auction out to see what they ahve tehre. Its only 30 min. away from my hosue, so its not that bad.
 
if a fish is off its food then there is something wrong, but mock all you like. I like to see a fish feed and how it swims before i buy it.

Emma
 
Thanks everyone. I think I may go to the auction...and hopefully i will find some interesting new fish for my tank :fish:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top