First Time Seachem Prime Users

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gazoo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Before I had bought Prime (Seachem's water conditioner), I had heard that it would smell stinky. For those that didn't hear or read this before you bought it, were you surprised by the smell (P.U.! :S) and think something was wrong with it?

It says on the bottle "may smell like sulphur" or something like that, but you can't know until you experience first hand the smell of rotten eggs. :sick: One time I didn't screw the cap on all the way and it tipped over and leaked nasty, stinky, smelly egg farts ALL over ALL of my fish keeping stuff. GROSS!
(but it works like a champ, gotta give credit where it's due)

How is it better than other conditions, cause I would be concerned about adding something to my tank that smells like sulfer?

It is highly concentrated, so you don't use so much, it's clears chlorine and chloramine, and can be used to detoxify ammonia and nitrite in an emergency.

Good Stuff!

It has an unpleasant smell, but is one of the best water treatments on the market. I use it all the time, I've only heard of one person having a problem with it, non-fish related. A friend of mine has an allergy to sulfa drugs, the sulphur smell is probably related to the hydromethane sufinate component, and caused him to break out in a rash. It did help with his problem of fry die off in his breeding set up due to crummy water conditions, and he keeps it on hand in case it happens again, figuring he'll deal with the rash.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick to my non-stinky conditioner though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back