First Time Platy Grandma

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This Old Spouse

TOTM Winner May 2013
Reaction score
Just got started with platys (what else would I do with an empty 20g?) and I got a very pregger female and a small male. I think she's what's called a Mickey Mouse, and he's a speckled blue. Anyway, I've been out of the livebearer game for a couple of years and need a little help trying to determine the wait. Please pardon these photos ... whenever I get my Canon out to take a photo, she runs and hides. Can't even get close. So these are with my iPhone that she doesn't shy from. But, lousy picture quality in exchange.

In the first photo it's just her admiring her reflection. The second clearly shows her birthing tube. She doesn't appear squared off yet, so I'm thinking a few days yet?

MMplaty31114.JPG

MMplaty31214.JPG

Hey, frapadoodle! I've been culling my tanks and trying to decide whether I want to keep at it. Guess I'll see where this leads me. And thanks, looking-glass. I figured it wouldn't be long, but I'm just surprised her birthing tube has been so visible without her squaring off. Guess I'll just have to be patient. 
innocent.gif

Hiya Spouse, nice to see you back. It strikes me that sometimes, first-time-mum platies don't go quite so square as the classic image. I'd say any day now, tbh.

Most reactions

trending

Back