First Tank Juwel 125

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Good on you for returning the danios; you're startin to make some good decisions now :good:

The plants need to come out of the pots.

The bogwood; you can put it in the bath and soak it in really hot water for a day or two; replace the hot water every day.

ok wicked only thing is i rang the lfs i got the plants from as wanted to get the plants in they said leave them in the pots for the roots to bind cos at the moment they are separate stalks or something ? ? ?? lol

any ideas what he is on about and even if they are sparate surely they will bond in the gravel ?

started to soak the bogwood i nthe bath alredy with cold water will swap for hot later when boiler has heated up uped the water temp to 85 so should kill any parasite

still cant thank people enough for the help :)

I see about the plants; some stem plants are bundled up and sold before they've grown roots.

This is ok as they will root very easily, thet just might not have enough roots to hold them in the gravel yet. You'll just have to have a careful look and use your own judgement as to whether you think they'll stay planted or not. You can always use a few larger pebbles to hold them down.

You may nave to leave them in the pots for a week or two, but thwy will do better taken out in the long run.

You are very, very welcome; helping people is what we come on here for :good:

well i have got some nice stones that i can hold them down with ill leave them potted untill my bogwood is soaked and cleaned then ill add them with the bog wood cos they will be put around the bogwood :) once done ill get picturs up :)

Sounds like a good plan; look forward to seeing it :D

As long as you realise the bubbles from the air pump are not actually putting oxygen into the water...but the rippling effect the bubble have on the surface is. Which you can easily do by making your filter outlet push the water to the surface. Airstones are only there for decoration. :)

PS Boiling bogwood only softens it up and it then releases tannins for longer. A good scrub in hot water is the best you can do, with a week or two to soak.

pictures for you guys

let me know what you think

http://img846.imageshack.us/i/darrenspictures097.jpg/

http://img846.imageshack.us/i/darrenspictures098.jpg/

Veery nice looking tank :good:

yeah im pritty happy with the way it looks now gunna miss my danios though :( will get a shoal when i get my 240 :)

Most reactions

Back