First Spawning - Problems

Vype

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and killis :)
I recently got some eggs ans succesfully raised a pair of nothos korth. I am now trying to breed/ spawn them but having problems.

I heard it was quite easy w/ annuals so went with the peat moss in a tub method. I conditioned the pair by seperating them for a week and three days later, no spawn as far as i can see.

I feed them Live brine shrimp, but a bit worried as the male doesn't seem to be eating- just chasing the female around :) female is oppsite and is stuffing herself- getting quite big so i reckon there must be eggs :/

They are kept in a 20l by themselves with the spawning tub. The tank has a black gravel base and plenty of java moss. The killis are 3 months old and seem healthy.

Was thinking of putting them in a smaller container (like a bucket) and have a full peat moss substrate. Only fear i had was feeding in the same container and contaminating potential eggs. Any thoughts or advice wiuld be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi,
Stick to your method of keeping the breeding/peat container separate from the rest of the aquarium
a bare bottom tank would be preferred....weekly water changes with added salt.
I would advocate that you vary their diet.
Nothos require live food IMO. most will not reach their full potential without it.
Arm yourself with live Grindalworm and Whiteworm cultures alongside purchasing Tubifex and Bloodworm when available.
Add a little salt to your water (cooking not table).
Please keep me informed as to the progress.
Regards
C

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back