First Ever Fish Tank-Juwel Rio 125Ltr Marine

Now have 6 t5s in my tank now! a couple of blues, couple of whites a fiji purple and a tropical one I need to replace still from when i got the tank!!
I have still got 2 clowns and yellow goby and no other fish just yet!

added a few snails as the tank is looking a bit gungy round the edges!

I have added a hammer coral which looks amazing especialy under the blues and blue led

have a couple of other little cheap frags which are coming on well! need to take some pics but will add them wen i take them!

Great news on the T5s! How did you attach them? Did you remove the centre bar, and how?

Throw up some pics when you get the chance :), I'm sure loads of Juwel Rio 125 owners would be super excited to see how you did the lights!

Rhy

i agree :good: i have 4 and i would like to add another 2 :good:

how is the temp of the tank? are you having problems with the temp? have you added fans?

Here are a couple of pics of the t5s!

I have kept the centre bar for now and just added two double t5 hi glo ballasts.

I attached the bulbs by screwing them into the two hood flaps either side!

Its not ideal as all the wires make it abit jumbled and the flaps are not as tight wen closing them but for now its ok! i would like to create a completly new lid somehow in the future. It makes it a little difficult to feed, clean etc as you have to take the flap off each time, not major but not as easy as wen the flap was free from them!

As for temp I have had no major problem but i have to keep my eye on it! I have been basicly turnig my heater off during the day and the lights keep the tank at 26-27 ish then turn it bak on at night! I still keep my window open when im in bed so i have to b carfull the temp dsnt get too low! this is until i can get my hands on a cheap temp controler to keep it level :D

i purchased some azoo fans but they are too big to fit in the tank so thats somthing i will look into.

Here is how the top of the tank looks with the 4 sets of double screws were the clips have been attached to the flaps, and the centre bar still in
DSCN3042.jpg

The screws in the flap
DSCN3043.jpg

Here is how the lights are fitted on the flaps!! i have also added a reflector to the flap! The full reflectors would not all fit in so i have cut them into a peice thaqt will fit in
DSCN3059.jpg

Here are a few pics of the tank any how! the way it is looking now! and some recent additions

DSCN3078.jpg

DSCN3073.jpg

DSCN3071.jpg

DSCN3070.jpg

DSCN3065.jpg

DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3057.jpg

DSCN3052.jpg

DSCN3049.jpg

DSCN3056.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/LucasFoz1?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/rVJq-YEKiEM

A little video of My clown fish being . . . well clowns hahaha

and a realy BAD video of the tank! :p
http://www.youtube.com/user/LucasFoz1?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/r2YViXhPBGQ

Thanks for sharing, the bit when the camera turned round made me go.... whoaaaaaa and my stomach lurched :p

Your clowns look like they are trying to sort out who is going to be the female :good:

Seffie x

Haha i am sorry! as i said its a baaaad video haha off my iphone which is not the best for videos!!!

Just got an intank brine shrimp hatcher which looked a bit of fun so hopfully i should have a load of newly hatched shrimp in my tank wen i get home from work! will take them out and try and grow them in my spare tank :D

tank looks great m8 :good: i have to say u did a better job than me with those lights :lol: are u thinking of doing an upgrade any time soon?

Looks fantastic, did you ever get around to purchasing a skimmer? Are things plodding along nicely now?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back