Fire Bellied Newt

kizno1

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
im thinking about getting some but need some more info
min tank size?
are they ok at room temp my rooms 27c at the monent and in winther it about 15-17c?
what food do they need and how much should i feed them?

I don't know much about the newts, but I read you can house one in a 5 gallon. I don't know how much they are similar to the toads, but toads like to be with one another. They like to be on land when younger, and water when older, so a tank with water and land would be well suited.

i just read somewhere you need 5g for 1 and a extra 2-3g for all the extra once so about 7-8g would house 2
so i think if i make a tank 40cm by 30cm by 25cm it would be ok for a pair

I don't know about a pair and breeding times. I am sure you don't want to be overrun with newts, but two would be fine. It does not have to be a pair of newts, just the most healthy ones in the tank. I am not sure on makeing the tank and how much it would cost, but you might be able to find a new 7-8g tank. I think it would be a lot eaiser. People pay to have tanks made, If it was really easy, then everyone would be making their own tanks, I kind of get the impression that is not the easyest thing in the world to do. Maybe I'm wrong, But I would go on the route of buying one. What about the betta breeding project? Are you still going along with that, or did you kind of throw it in the trash?

bi a pair i ment 2 not nesoserly male and female. and my grandad can get glass cheap through his work and hes good at all that sort of thing. and yh i gave up on the betta thing coz my mum thinks running another heater will cost to much

bi a pair i ment 2 not nesoserly male and female. and my grandad can get glass cheap through his work and hes good at all that sort of thing. and yh i gave up on the betta thing coz my mum thinks running another heater will cost to much

Please note that newts will need light. You could always give her $10 for the extra money she is paying for the eletric bill.

yh but i havent asked her about this yet im going to find out about them first and then tell her

Good luck. I hope she will let you. I am sure the bulb will "run-up" the bill a couple of dollars.

how many what bulb do you think i will need
and how often do you have to feed them and how much

I have no idea on their requirements. I have no idea on their bulb, but I am going to be using a Flourescent bulb with my toads. I will probally have a heater, or heating pad under the tank for the winter. Feeding them should be about the same as the toads I woud guess. For the toads it is 12 crickets a week. I have no idea on the newts. They seems closely related just by reading their name. I am going to go read some care sheets on them and tell you what my advise would be on the. I remember when I had an iguana in a Vivarium when I lived in Florida, he was a beast. He was old though, my mom had him for a while before I was born.

yh i was thinking of getting a small heat mat or heater to go in the tank in the winter

I am just going to put the heat mat under the tank. I read that the newts actually like it below room tempature. And it can be a threat if above 75F. They need it about 68-75F. So a heat pad might be needed in the winter. I do not know my Celcius, so you might need to do some converting to figure out their tempature needs.

my rooms been about 26-27c/79-81f resntlybut in the winter its about 17c/63f so i might need a heat mat
i just read you only need to feed them once every 2 or 3 days but it dosent say how much to feed them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back