Finely Got A Job

StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
After being made redundant just before christmas last year, I finely have a job.

I know it may not belong in here but, with the world as it is today, it's a big achievement, well it is to me atleast.

It has been pure hell for the last 8 months, the job centre wont tell you what you can claim for unless you know the right questions to ask.
All though if your a layabout and don't want to work you seem to get more money and are left alone by the social services to claim money
that the hard working peoples taxes go on.

I really feel for people that have been made redundant and want to get a job but cant because so many are going for what
few jobs are out there. Just hang in there something will turn up for you.

With all that, I should be getting back into my hobby fairley soon as it has been pushed to the back of things to do for so long.
I should be back on here a lot again, as I have some projects I wish to follow, and I can start restocking my 4 tanks :drool:

Good for you m8... I'm sure there are many ppl in your situation.... Just hang on to what you got (port in a storm) & look out for the next steppingstone!.... (& make the best of it while you're there!)

Well done mate..I'm in the same situation here but the jobs are scarse over here still, just got to grin and bear it here i'm afraid

Well Done, I am in the same Situation. Was made redundant in may, and the Job Centre is no help whatsoever. No Hope of work this side of xmas, as tooooo many people applying for the same jobs.

Hi StrontiumDog :)

I'm so happy for you. That's a long time to be at loose ends. It will be good to see you back on the forum again too. :thumbs:

Congratulations, with so many people job seeking it is no mean feat to bag the job, well done

Seffie x

PS my other half is also unemployed - since November last year :sad:

Well done. :good:

Congrats on the Job!

However, please don't knock all jobcentre staff - many of our new staff have come in in a hurry with very little training - just the basics of how to do the job not any complex benefit advice to cope with the enormous leap in the number of people we see. Many are training on the job so might not know everything yet!

Thanks all, Now I can lead a some what normal life and, actually buy some fish.

Buddyboy67, Gill, and Seffieuk other half,

I realy feel for you, it's hard to get a job even more so to get an interview or any form of reply back.

indigoj,

Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like I was getting at the staff. That was not my intention at all, through my 8 months I have had great support from staff. One bloke stands out among them, he was a fantastic help. Some of the public that these staff have to put up with is beyond belief.

I meant my comments more for the way the system is run and by the lack of help from the govenment.

Thanks all, Now I can lead a some what normal life and, actually buy some fish.

Buddyboy67, Gill, and Seffieuk other half,

I realy feel for you, it's hard to get a job even more so to get an interview or any form of reply back.

indigoj,

Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like I was getting at the staff. That was not my intention at all, through my 8 months I have had great support from staff. One bloke stands out among them, he was a fantastic help. Some of the public that these staff have to put up with is beyond belief.

I meant my comments more for the way the system is run and by the lack of help from the govenment.

No problem (I just get tired of people slagging us off lol) I'm really glad you found the staff supportive, I hope this reflects across the country. System does stink though LOL.

Congratulations mate, I can sympothise with you as I have not worked for two years now. I am at a point where I am ready to begin looking for work again (more by nesecity as it is easy to get in a rut!) so it is nice to hear things might not be as impossible as media makes out :good:

Congratulations!!

I know how it is, I got laid off in September 2 1/2 weeks before our wedding and my new wife got laid off 3-4 weeks ago (now she's working at McDonald's).

Things are tough out there and it's great you found something!!

congrats mate! :hyper:

Since I was made redundant from Zavvi start of this year, I have struggled like hell!! -_-

The fact that employment agencies haven't even got any work is a sign that things aren't right!! :/

I've just done my third day at M&S but only as a xmas temp. fingers crossed there's a permanent position available at the end of it :look:

And yep. The Job Centre is USELESS. It has nothing to do with finding you work, but just policing the benefit service. A stupid vicious circle. I hate going to the job centre, there are so many people who hang around there (for some strange reason) who would rather collect benefits than work :grr:
I personally am very thankful for the benefits I have received whilst out of work, however this year is the longest I have ever been on job seekers allowance. Usually I sign on and find work within a couple of days.
I actually applied for a position at the Job Centre as an admin officer. I passed the interview and the literacy test, only to have them lose my CRB check. And so, the position went and I'm left with my name on the waiting list. USELESS!

Again, congrats on the job, keep hold of it with both hands!

congrats mate! :hyper:

Since I was made redundant from Zavvi start of this year, I have struggled like hell!! -_-

The fact that employment agencies haven't even got any work is a sign that things aren't right!! :/

I've just done my third day at M&S but only as a xmas temp. fingers crossed there's a permanent position available at the end of it :look:

And yep. The Job Centre is USELESS. It has nothing to do with finding you work, but just policing the benefit service. A stupid vicious circle. I hate going to the job centre, there are so many people who hang around there (for some strange reason) who would rather collect benefits than work :grr:
I personally am very thankful for the benefits I have received whilst out of work, however this year is the longest I have ever been on job seekers allowance. Usually I sign on and find work within a couple of days.
I actually applied for a position at the Job Centre as an admin officer. I passed the interview and the literacy test, only to have them lose my CRB check. And so, the position went and I'm left with my name on the waiting list. USELESS!

Again, congrats on the job, keep hold of it with both hands!

I sympathise with you on getting into the job centre, I Have applied 4 times and Passed each time, but do not get any interview, yet there are people working in there who's basic grasp of english and grammar is poor to say the least. As the wifey is Preggers We are on income support untill Feb2010, As the Government has now said that mothers only need to look after there babies for 15 weeks and then must go back to work. I still apply for over 7 jobs per day and have applied for so many xmas temp jobs that it is so soul crushing. It has got to the point that if they ask for apps to be completed i give up, as i know it will never be looked at.

Most reactions

Back