Finding Endler's?

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
I would really like some of these. Researching on the web, it seems they breed easily, stay small, aren't super sensitive and look fabulous, so why has nowhere got stock of them?
I have rung every fish shop within about 30 miles today and not one! A few said they do have them in occasionally and one said he could get them to order.
Is there an easier way to buy them than the LFS?
On the plus side, whilst ringing round, I discovered I have this shop just down the road. Practical fishkeeping seem to rate it highly, judging by the number of awards they've given. And they have a section about fish free cycling on the website.
I'm not ready to buy fish yet, but I'm looking forward to going after work for a nosy round :)
 
What's wrong with just getting a shop to order them in?

That's all I do when I'm after a certain fish. Saying that I'm lucky to have a good fish shop very close by.
Sheffield Aquatics - Bit far for you, but if I ever need anything they just stick it in their book and generally have it in by Thurs...
 
One of my mates goes their and says it's massive and fantastic too! I am even tempted to go for a long drive myself lol!

As for Endlers, yeah I don't see many I think Maidenhead had some in recently.
 
What's wrong with just getting a shop to order them in?

That's all I do when I'm after a certain fish. Saying that I'm lucky to have a good fish shop very close by.
Sheffield Aquatics - Bit far for you, but if I ever need anything they just stick it in their book and generally have it in by Thurs...
Oh I will if I have to, (once I've checked out the shop in general) I was just pondering the general scarceness of them :)
 
Your LFS looks fab curiosity101! Might be worth a drive up the M1!
Glad to hear the +ve comments keenonfish! Roll on 4 o'clock!
 
There's someone in Leicestershire selling them. Would that be too far as he doesn't post? Have a look in buy/sell/swap for Piltdownpaul.
 
Ooh, thanks essjay-off to look now :)
 
Hello, i too live in mansfield area :)

The maidenhead at trowell garden centre just outside of nittingham has a good selection of endlers in and i think Wharf aquatics in pinxton had them in too. It was yesterday i went to maidenhead so they deffinatelly have them

andrew

Hello, i too live in mansfield area :)

The maidenhead at trowell garden centre just outside of nittingham has a good selection of endlers in and i think Wharf aquatics in pinxton had them in too. It was yesterday i went to maidenhead so they deffinatelly have them

andrew

EDIT: i think they were £10 for 5, if you wanted a price, the phone number is 01159327537
 
Hi Hollanda88 :) I hadn't found the Trowell one-I'll have a look for them now. Rang Wharf today and they said not :(

Damn! Trowell is right next to where I was on monday, picking up mature media from Rooster! When I'm ready to buy them, I'll give them a ring. Thanks for the tip :)
 
Hi Hollanda88 :) I hadn't found the Trowell one-I'll have a look for them now. Rang Wharf today and they said not :(

Have you visited wharf yet, it quite a nice place apart from some of the welfare standards.

Trowel is a new one so it might not be in the phone book, hence why i gave you the number lol. They have a massive selection of neon tetra (you'll see what i mean if you go lol) and i think they are slowly stocking up.

andrew
 
Yay, Trowell have them and keep them in most of the time :) I can't face that drive after work today, but I'll go and see them at some point. Would you recommend them?
I've visited maiadenhead at Dukeries garden centre yesterday and they seemed OK but not outstanding. They were holding fish after delivery and not selling them for a while, but there were quite a few dead ones :(
 
Yay, Trowell have them and keep them in most of the time :) I can't face that drive after work today, but I'll go and see them at some point. Would you recommend them?
I've visited maiadenhead at Dukeries garden centre yesterday and they seemed OK but not outstanding. They were holding fish after delivery and not selling them for a while, but there were quite a few dead ones :(

The manager i spoke to didn't seem sales driven which is always a good thing and did ask what i would be doing with the fish i bought.

Didn;t see a single dead fish although i did see a few bettas in inappropriate situations (being munched on by a tank full to the brim of neons, i did warn them about it though).

The prices arn't the lowest i have seem them but this can be indicative of a store that is more interested in welfare than selling poor quality fish to the masses.

I would reccomend them after yesterdays visit.

andrew
 
Sounds quite promising. I'm going to wharf tonight, just for a look round. Might go to trowell at the weekend :)
 
Thanks for that Liam. I had wondered if mail order live fish were available. I have such a tiny tank though, I think their delivery costs will make it too expensive. Perfectly reasonble cost though if they do indeed all arrive alive!
Have bookmarked it though for future use :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top