Finally!!!

HotStuffGal

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:p Finally!! After waiting and saving for quite a long while, I got my Albino Bristlenose.

He is adjusting well in his new tank yet hates the camera :/

Lol Anyways Anybody have any Suggestions for a happy bristlenose?

I Know the fundementals just wondering if there are any Secrets.

Thanks and I will try to get some Pics soon.

:D I've never seen an albino BN before. I'm no pleco expert, so I have no idea about bristlenose secrets. :*) Anyway, congrats on the new arrival!

Hey!!!

I dont really know of any secrets, just posting to say im buyin an albino bristlenose tomorrow so i thought id share my excitement lol.

HotStuffGal said:
Finally!! After waiting and saving for quite a long while, I got my Albino Bristlenose.
...thought albinos over there were fairly cheap?

may I ask what size and how much?

they are pretty hard to come by over here (I note a fellow ozzie, splish, has never seen one)

I was asking around my lfs's and hardly any of the shop owners have seen one either!

I looked into importing some from US but our quarantine laws are horrific so not worth it

...anyhow 2 weeks ago I tracked down a source and got some!!!!!

they cost a fortune!!!!...but worth it

I treat them like any other common BN - just the fundamentals ( - feed them lotsa zucchini and algae wafers) I'd like to know any secrets too!!!!

good luck with yours!

brissiegal said:
I treat them like any other common BN - just the fundamentals ( - feed them lotsa zucchini and algae wafers)
..and bloodworm... bristlenoses need meat!

Other than that, they pretty much look after themselves, just provide well aerated clean water, a nice current or bubbles to play in and caves, crevices or pots to hide in and they will be happy.

Most reactions

Back