Finally!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I can never get him to stay still long enough!!

This is my most precious little eel :wub: , I love him, love him! He's about 5" long and just as sweet as he can be. I've had him for almost a year now and he hasn't grown a bit, I'm assuming this is his full grown size. He's an Asian eel of some sort, I forget the Latin name at the moment...it's long and starts with an M :lol:

Attachments

• veel1.jpg
    veel1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 46
my lfs has a few of them, about 2 or 3 last time I saw and another species which look like snakes, they evevn have scales like the snakes.

Anyways, I always wanted one, but becuase my mum really doesen't like snakes or anything that looks or moves like one, eg worms or eels I cant have 1 :angry:. Even though i'm an adult.

I really like them, they seem to have a personility, and look cute too :wub:.

Well you've got a gorgeous one there, thanks for posting a pic of him :cool:

Look at him posing for the camera, showing his best side. :D Great fish :)

Holy krap, your eel is amazing! I have a soft spot for eels :wub:
He looks so much like a marine fish. Is he in a tank by himself or in a community? What's his taxonomic name?
I'll definatly second that nomination. ;) :p :D :nod:

Hi wuv,

Whats the little guys name and what his max size. I have been interested in eels for a while and would like to keep one. Any info would be welcome :D .

:cool: v cool eel. would love 1 of those

I'll try and find the name for you guys, it took me almost a year to find out what he was and then when I do...I go and forget it :lol: :rolleyes:

Yes, he lives in a community, he gets along great with everything, he's lived with African cichlids while the big tank was being set up, he's lived with gouramis (until I decided they weren't my cup of tea) and right now he lives with Angels ,some wormy loaches and a plec in a 42 hex :)

He's a perfect gentleman ....now if only I could say the same thing about the angels :unsure:

Hi wuv,

Have you managed to find the name if not don't worrt, i was just interested as I am looking in two keeping two Peacock Eels. :)

Yes prb, his butt has eyes :rolleyes: :p

ryan~ he's either a macrognathus siamensis (I'm almost certain that's what he is) or he's a mastacembelus sp. ,both are native to Thailand

Personally...the more I look at pics of those two species, I think he's a cross between the two.

Most reactions

Back